Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I agree! Velvet Violet with a plummy liner maybe? Thank you 🙂

I might be able to help, thanks to lovely BTers' suggestions for a similar shade I was looking for several pages back. I went swatching at Sephora and found these (which didn't work for me, but may for you).

IMG_5910.jpg

From top: Bobbi Brown Brocade

YSL Rose Perfecto (too red, but still a nice shade)

YSL Fuchsia Fétiche

Thanks TK! I have Brocade, I wonder if it will look this bright in daylight ..hope it does 🙂

Bite Quince/Juniper

Mac D for Danger

Nars Audacious Vera/Janet

Tom Ford Plum Lush

Juniper looks a lot brighter on me, I have D for Danger, I need to take a closer look at it next time 🙂 I've been eyeing Vera anyway, so I will try it out soon! Also, what color is this? Magenta Plum? Fuchsia? Thanks GC! 🙂 

Berry Magenta.maybe?

I have many shades that look like that on me.  But my lips are pigmented, so they might not look the same on you.  ver alooks much lighter on me becasue I have pigmented lips, but it looks similar to this on many others.

You could alos try:

Givenchy Framboise Velours

Girorgio Armani Rouge D'Armani 402 (very close)

Mine are pigmented too..and dark. I'm going to look up the Armani one, I don't have a single lip product from the brand 😉

We've often have girls/young ladies post pictures of perfect looking (aka photo shopped/airbrushed) people and ask "how can I get this look"? The response is always, as it should be, you can't. They do not look like that in person.

I want to give a shout out to Kiko Cosmetics (sorry Sephora) for having "regular" (non -photoshopped) ladies you can look at in their Kikotrendsetters section giving tutorials. In this day of Social Media it's nice to see a site celebrate all kinds of beauty not just the cookie cutter looks we often see.

Calling all skincare gurus! I'm in need of a new daytime moisturizer.

I've been using CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (not the AM one, just the regular one) but I think I need something a little heavier. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to redness. I use mineral sunscreen on my face separately because chemical sunscreen makes my face red, so I'd like something without SPF. I'd also prefer something in a tube or that comes with a pump, because I don't like repeatedly sticking my hand in something I use topically.

Any and all suggestions/recommendations would be much appreciated! 🙂

My skin is similar and I also use separate mineral sunscreen. I prefer either a serum texture or to layer products. If you are looking for something affordable, best I have found is the Leneige Waterbank serum. It's about $30 but the bottle is enormous. It is very similar to guerlain's Aqua serum that is about $170 but Leneige is less scented. Leneige is owned by Amore Pacific. 

Thanks, L4S! I hadn't considered a serum before, but I have heard fantastic things about Laneige, so I'll definitely check it out!! 😄

I have normal - dry skin that I think has become a little sensitive. I had a reaction to a mask or a cleanser that left the skin on my upper lip burning and red - The First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lotion (http://www.sephora.com/ultra-repair-lotion-P386611) has done wonders for my skin. The consistency is perfect now that we are transitioning into cooler weather. I mix equal parts of this one and the First Aid Beauty Mineral Sunscreen for daytime. For night time I just use the lotion by itself. Highly recommend. 

Thanks, Pav! 🙂

have you ever tried kate somerville goats milk cream ? (looks like it is in a tub but it has a pump dispenser). 

I have not, but I've heard good things about using goat's milk for skincare. I actually was at a local vendor fair recently and bought some goat's milk soap! I'll have to give the KS cream a try. Thanks, Jem!

if you can get a sample, i'd try that first, as i use it at night and not in the a.m. 

but i think your skin may like it 🙂

so....i have a date (of sorts, i'm making sure it's pretty casual) tomorrow evening. i am nervous. 

not sure how i want to wear my makeup. soon enough, if it works out to any degree, the guy will learn i look different every dang day, anyway. 

All of your makeup looks lovely!  I adore the soft pink lips and smoky eye look for a first date..you've posted it here before.  Red lips are bold and you might not be ready for them.

But no matter, as long as you feel comfortable with what you're wearing you'll be perfect!  I'd hate to see you end up with someone who doesn't appreciate the real you; the real you is so great.  So listen to your gut and not me!!!

And enjoy!

Have fun Jemly. I think the most important thing is going to be wearing what you feel comfortable in. Attraction is a factor, but feeling comfortable enough to be yourself is more important. Anyone can say you're beautiful, but connecting on a deeper level is key. My fiancé and I just went to see Cyrano de Bergerac and I remembered immediately why I love this play even though it tears me up inside. Be comfortable and be yourself...you are pretty cool.

you're so right, veg ! (and i just tried to find roxanne on netflix....it's not there 😞 )

bellisima can be chill or fierce depending on the lighting 😉  you look great in anything, though..hope you have a great time!

1 Reply
testing