Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

That happened to me too but on my Macbook, I realized the url added "qa" to take me to that page - odd

QA = quality assurance. Someone accidentally set something to redirect to their test ground LOL

hahaha! It's nice to know that at least something is capable of being mobile.

Mobile BT would be amazing. Doesn't Sephora know 60%–80% of my purchases in the last year have been BT enabled?

agreed   

we need our out BT App.....  

life would be easier!!! ha

Same here!   Wouldn't that be a great Christmas present from Sephora!  

Haha, we always ask for mobile BT but it's been years and nothing 😞

I wish for this every day!

I didn't want to create a whole new thread for this ..can anyone think of a color that may have been used here ..or anything that maybe comes close? I'm losing sleep over this you guys ...Burberry Pink Azalea (deeper), MAC Flat Out Fabulous (too purple)..

Priyanka-Chopra-Lipstick.jpg

It looks like either Mac rebel, Hollywood cerise or girl about town.  

My money is on Hollywood cerise. 

Hollywood Cerise is even described as a Magenta Berry 😮 I need to check this one out asap! Thank you hearts!

Priyanka chopra's makeup is usually done by a mac makeup artist so its a good chance its a lippie from mac..this particular look was at the marrakech film festival in 2012 i think..if you look at other pics from the same night the lippie looks diff, almost red in some shots..to me looks like le mac heaux or even mac rebel or d for danger deepened with a berry liner. I think revlon has a similar color too. Try temptalia's dupe finder maybe? 

I looked at Heaux on Karen from makeupandbeautyblog - it looks very very similar! 

Which Heaux did you look at, Pav? There's an older matte version and a newer Amplified version 

I looked at the discontinued matte one 😞 Temptalia says there's a slight difference between the new Amplified one and the discontinued matte ...still pretty, but Priyanka's looks like a true matte.

Yeah it does. I think I have a few similar shades I can swatch for you tomorrow if you would like 🙂

Please please? 🙂

Sure, will do it today when i get the chance 🙂

Oh! I thought Anil Chinappa (Sp?) did her makeup (and Deepika's as well) ..but wasn't sure. I can see how this color would look different in diff lighting, even my laptop and cellphone render it differently 🙂 Heaux is beautiful, this is the first I'm hearing of it and I like it already - regardless of whether Priyanka wore it or not 😄 I think you may be onto something with rebel or d for danger with a deeper liner - I was thinking Plum. This is going to be my pet project for the next week, thank you so much! 😄

Let us know how the project works out coz now i need this color in my life too lol..sadly heaux matte version was le but if you find a color you like in this shade and its not matte..u can try the powder method or i think mac sells a product to make your any lipstick matte. Also sometimes ma's line and fill in the lips with a lipliner in one color and top it off with a diff to give dimension i think. 

Edit: Also try Milani liquid lipstick in Embrace. Its a magenta berry color.

This reminds me of a shade in between my 2 newest lipsticks - TF Velvet Violet and NARS Scarlet Empress. Both might be close depending on your complexion and lip pigmentation

19 Replies
testing