Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

i would be beyond mad - needles to the face should come with guarantees 😞

image.jpgFINALLY! I've been excited for this palette since I first saw it and I'm sooo excited that it finally came out. I know there's not too much hype over this palette because there's so many light colors, but that's part of the reason why I like it so much. Also, I think the colors look more distinct in person (not all the light shades look exactly the same, like I kind of suspected they might). Also, I think the blue packaging throws off the colors of some of the shades too. I'm sooo excited for lavender, seashell, goji, and olivine!!! 

I really like melon, tangerine, and goji. I wasn't thrilled with the palette when it was first shown online, but I had to get it because I paid a ton for the first mega pro from a reseller. I wasn't going to risk doing it again and I wanted to have the set.

resellers are the worst! it was a good idea to pick it up before it sells out. i think you're gonna love it! 

My palette is taking forever to get here. It's not going to be here until the 6th:/

Ulta why you no ship faster?!

it'll be well worth the wait!! i hope you love it as much as I do. I am definitely gonna need a palette organizer! do you have one that you recommend? 

I am still trying to figure out a way to efficiently store my bigger palettes and my small palettes like duos and quads. I just have them somewhat organized in four of my deeper drawers in the Alex drawers from Ikea. 

Bookshelf style?  That's the only way I can store them and not forget about them. 

Aghh this palette! I want it so badly, but I don't have space to store it! My palette capacity is maxed out 😞 so sad. Have fun playing around with it though!

ah man! i think this palette would be worth making space for 😛 but sounds like you already have lots of nice eyeshadow palettes! thanks 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

I ate a couple of slices of pineapple last night and after an hour or so around my mouth it felt sore...Now I have rash 😞

image.jpg

I never ever get rashes from anything. Do you think it might be that now I use BHA everyday, so my skin is more sensitive? Any ideas to get rid of the rash quickly would be very welcome. It is slighty burning and just doesn't look the best 😞

I think the BHA could be making your skin more sensitive.  Maybe don't use it every day...and see what you think.  Pineapple, regardless of it's enzymes, shouldn't cause a reaction like that (unless you have an odd allergy and it always does that).

pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that naturally breaks done protein (it can be used as a meat tenderizer for example). Some people have a reaction to this and it is a good possibility that it might have reacted to your skin especially if some of the juice accidentally got on your skin. The core of the pineapple contains the most concentrated part of the enzyme so if you want to eat pineapple cut the fruit as far away from the core as possible so as not to have a reaction. Store processed and canned aren't going to be too concerned about the core as they try to harvest as much of the fruit as possible. Give that part of your skin a break for a few days and the rash should clear itself up. I'd you have any FAB cream it may help with the irritation - hope this helps 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Thanks! I already put some FAB cream on it this morning, hopefully it will help. 

I know pineapple can irritate skin but I eat it quite often and never had a reaction like this before. It would cause a little discomfort on my tongue/roof of my mouth if I eat tons of it and that was all. I am not sure why I am sensitive all of s sudden. Maybe it was a super potent pineapple 😄

I hope this was a one time thing and not a start of a new allergy becauseI love fresh pineapple!

It happens to me too (the mouth irritation) which is why I know about how the core can affect that enzyme level. If you can cut your own or just eat half of the slice (I know that sounds nuts) it will help with your chances of coming in contact with the core and all those enzymes. You may have just have gotten a super potent pineapple too! I hope I've not scared you away from fruit - or bored you to death 🙂 good luck I'm sure you'll heal up quickly!

It could be you're developing an allergy to pineapple, contact dermatitis is a symptom.  I'd avoid it and talk to your doctor.

I hate Saks. Returning anything bought online is a pain in the rear. I should've spent the money to ship the 2 TF lips and boys back cause the drive to the actual store cost me 2 hours, required driving in an area that's impossible to navigate, and ended with me buying a full size TF lipstick instead of just saving the money 😮

on the plus side, I now know I love So Vain and that Black Dahlia is too dark on me 😛

Also, my worst nightmare has come true. My face seems to be reacting poorly to chocolate- I'm getting lumpy painful possible-acne right after I have some 😭😭😭

Try putting some yogurt mixed with turmeric on your pimples, it'll help with the healing. Try using this face mask once a week and see if makes a difference. Leave it on until it dries, but don't scrub it off, rinse it off with splashes of water.

Anonymous Insider

What % chocolate?

nothing fancy...just kit kat 😄

1 Reply
testing