Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Anonymous Insider

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

shopping.jpgdark-chocolate-pb-cub-featured.jpg

This is the worst thing I've ever heard.

RIGHT!!!

MK,

Even though I only enjoy dark chocolate (80-90%), I have to limit how much chocolate or cheese I have.  I have chocolate only very occasionally. 

Diet and hormones are the primary variables for me in maintaining good skin.  

PS:  Sugar, and dairy are very often causes of bad skin.  Not everyone reacts poorly to it, but many that do still choose to ignore it.  Cut back on sugar, and dairy and see how you feel.   Chocolate may have both in large quantities.  

I am going to try that, thanks GC. I will probably message you sometime about skin health, I'm starting to think too much dairy is a culprit (and meat...maybe?)

MK...what sort of chocolate do you eat ? Is there a chance it's the milk in milk chocolate ?? 

jem, it's possible. I've been having a lot more milk lately than I usually do. My skin is just super unhappy right now and I don't know what to do :'( I suspect a lot of it is hormonal as well

so...while some say that the milk / bad skin correlation is a myth, that's not entirely true. people prone to hormonal acne definitely are more prone to milk leading to trouble skin. you know, because it's milk.

next time you feel the urge, try some dark chocolate and see if you have the same reaction !

thanks jem! I will try that instead. I've been thinking of switching to almond or soy milk as well

Anonymous Insider

MK, you can try goat milk too. I really enjoy the Laloo ice cream. There are fewer lactose in goat milk, and meanwhile you won't get the plant estrogens from soymilk, which for some people is problematic if they have a thyroid issue.

Anonymous Insider

My skin loves chocolate! My whole life I've eaten a bar or two equivalent a day (which I'm well aware is not healthy), and when I eat more, my skin just glows more. It's a correlation I've definitely observed!

Haha ballerina! I wish I could eat it everyday and look as good as you 😉

Looks like the large SimpleHuman mirror is no longer listed on the site! so odd. I was just about to write a review for mine on BT...

Tory Burch makeup, particularly the shadows, any thoughts?

Anonymous Insider

One of my elder daughter's loves these, so I've swatched a few, and they do seem to be surprisingly pigmented 🙂

Wanna borrow from her for a day and report back on how they wear? lol

It's been a lonnngggg couple days. I'm beyond exhausted but I miss my BT escape / friends ! Here's a pic of my mother and I on the kitchen floor with dogs. (Andy is on the far right with his tongue out.)

beauty related because my brow is .... Headed for the moon

image.jpeg

Adorable! The whole picture!

I want one.

I'm just here for the puppies! Seriously, you look great  - and so much like your mom 😄

Adorable!!!

18 Replies
testing