Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Rose cappuccino sounds heavenly! 

Ohh yay!!! I love rose and skincare that smells like rose and/or has roses in it!!

have you ever tried the body shops tea rose perfume?  Its inexpensive but to me it smells like fresh cut roses, not the least bit chemically.  I absolutelly adore it. 

Well I don't wear perfume but next time I come across the Body Shop (we don't have a store in my mall) I'll smell this.  

try the oil instead of the spray if you want the most clean smell

Oh ok I will try that, thanks!

it is a lovely cool rainy fall day here, and i am wearing jeans, a striped boatneck shirt, rainboots, and a trench coat. I am wearing matte orange and brown makeup, and my hair in a ponytail. All very autumn-esque.

But i picked Trefle Pur by Atelier Cologne to try out today, which is a green citrusy scent and totally not fall-appropriate. It feels quite off and i am mad at myself for not picking something else! At the same time I am laughing at myself because this is such a first world problem to have- "Boo, I am in a fall mood but i picked the wrong perfume to go with it!"

image.jpgfound this ancient artifact at my boyfriends parents' house!! was I even alive when bath and body works had this packaging?!?! it smells absolutely amazing! throwbackkkk lol

Love this so much! Did you spray it all over? LOL!

Hello 90's!!!!!! That's fantastic - the big scent when I was in middle school was country apple or something similarly named. Girls would go thru bottles of that lotion like it was going out of style (which it obviously did). Thanks for the pic - memories.

Country Apple was my favorite!  They had EVERYTHING in the popular scents at one point...shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, body powder, hair spray...and of course, shower gel, body lotion, body spray, etc.  

I remember everything was anti-bac and Triclosen...and how there was a huge health scare around SLS, etc.

I used to work at BBW wayyyy back in the day and I cannot tell you how many times my coworkers and I would giggle our heads off when folks would butcher the names of scents (sometimes even calling them "flavors"...um, no, you don't eat or taste the body lotions and sprays, they're not flavors). 

JUNIPER Breeze = Jupiter Breeze

SENSUAL Amber - Sexual Amber

I worked there as well, for a long time!  Do you remember the fictional 'Kate'?  Or the 'bubbles vs bras' 'contest' with VS?!

Hahahah!  Throwback!!!!

One time I had a boyfriend stock his bathroom with 'I think was cucumber melon' stuff and when I asked him about it he said it was for me to take bath at his house.  (Code for, spend the night) lol!

I was like wtf, I bathe with CHANEL from Saks!  Yep, bath snob since little.  

So, some lady at BBW picked out this cucumber melon stuff for me!  Lol!  The stuff smells like vomit! 

The name always changes but I like the 'sweet fruity 'apple' scents.

@desertdancer HAHA, I  love it! "WTF, I bathe with CHANEL!"

Ohhhhh I forgot about juniper breeze. Add that one to my list below ! 😉

Juniper Breeze was a fave of mine!

No matter how on the sly we'd say "Juniper Breeze" back to customers who said "Jupiter" they never seemed to pick up on it....

"I'm needing that Jupiter Breeze lotion!"

"We have the Juniper Breeze right here, would you care for any other items or more than just the one bottle? They're on a sale!"

"Nope, just need my one Jupiter Breeze!"

-_-

It was even worse/more funny when older ladies would come in (I'm talking like imagine someone's super sweet looking grandma) asking for that "sexual amber". LOL!

Tangent here, but this reminds me of something I saw on QVC last week. The host was presenting that black Givenchy lipstick and she kept saying "jhee von JEE". The rep from Givenchy would then respond and throw in a "jhee von SHEE" to try and correct her. This went on and on, I couldn't stop watching 😄

Haha that's hilarious!  Sounds like you had a lot of laughs working there!  

Anonymous Insider

Pearberry lotion and spray was the first gift a boy gave me. Ah memories. 

8 Replies
testing