Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

That's pure comedic gold right there 😄

does anyone know what happened to Marc Jacobs highliners? They're not on Sephora website, and on MJ website it says "out of stock" on every single pencil. 

There was discussion on one the holiday threads (don't remember which) that they were pulled for quality issues.- at least the holiday set. I noticed this as well when I returned my holiday set and tried to get a couple of full size. The holiday set was really dry and unusable, nothing like these normally are. Hopefully it will get fixed and they'll be back. 

I hope they bring them back 😞 

Oh no! I was looking forward to that set this year.

Nooooo really?? I hope this is just some kind of fluke! I've been meaning to snag one of those!

I feel this should be common sense, but applying blush and highlight with your head turned to the side, instead of looking straight on into the mirror. It is SO MUCH EASIER!! 

I read it on Makeup and Beauty's blog, and just had a major lightbulb moment. Tried it the other day - OMG. Seriously, why is the best stuff always the most common sense?

That's interesting.  I don't think I've ever applied blush/highlighter looking straight on.  

Anonymous Insider

Yeah, I read that post last week and was really surprised. I cannot imagine not turning my head slightly, how would you see your cheek?!

Exactly

I turn my head very slightly, but when I saw her tip I turned my head so it was nearly parallel with the mirror and it worked a lot better. 

Zpsid,

Now you have made me curious as to how I apply my blush.  I haven't paid attention.  That is on tap for tomorrow....I will report back!

I think I do tilt my head sideways when I apply highlighter - cuz I apply only on the outer portion of my cheeckbone.  It stops just around the outer corner corner of my eye.

This is not really a thought, BUT it is BEAUTY related and RANDOM.

I perusing some things in Sephora (*shakes fist...stupid brush I want is sold out EVERY WHERE), I got to talking to the lady in front of me while standing in line to buy the items I hadn't known I needed or even wanted.  LOL

The MUFE 500pt perk was on display and she had a case of the sads because she just spent all her points the day prior (I thought I was the only one who visited Sephora multiple times while on vacay).  I asked her what was in the set, and she reads off the items.  She and her hubby get out of line because she spotted some other items (SQUIRREL!!).

I pay for my items and ask the SA to give me two 500pt perks.  I have her bag one separately and I find the lady in the store and tell her she can have it.  She looked so shocked.  I told from one makeup lover to another pay it forward!  LOL.  She was so shocked, she asked to hug me.  I told her sure and it was no biggie 'cause mama has TONS o' points!  LOL.

*I may or may not have been partaking in a 64oz drink with several extra shots of tequila added, even with that influence... I REGRET NOTHING!*

That's was very sweet of you to do!

Super sweet gesture! And a much more epic use of points than saving them up for epic rewards 😉

What a sweet thing to do .

That's awesome! I'm sure that you absolutely made her day, if not her week 🙂

What a great story! So amazing of you!! 😉

Well done!!

Yes!!! Great story! I love the *drinking tequila bit too! Thank you for sharing your story!

I love hearing stories like this! Sometimes the best connections that you have with people are definitely in random places at random times. 

20 Replies
testing