Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I think it just comes with experience. I love false lashes for a night out look, regardless of any other part of my makeup look, I will always include false lashes just for volume as I'm ok with length. That being said, since I know my eye and look I want I then go for lashes I know will suit that rather than what may be popular - does that make sense? I know any super long ones look weird with my already long lashes so I opt for spiky ones with lots of volume. I avoid false lash recommendations from IG because they tend to use the super dramatic ones that look too obvious in real life and without any filters.

No, that totally makes sense! I didn't really give that much thought- that not every style will work for everyone.

Even though I have plenty of lid space, I think my eyes are kind of small, so maybe the lashes were just too much for my eyes.

I think if I every try again in the future, i'll have to use something super-duper natural.

Anonymous Insider

The only time I tried falsies was 10 years ago. It was 5am and I was half asleep and trying to curl my eyelashes. sadly my elbow on the desk slipped and I no longer had any eyelashes on my left eye. Panicked I trekked into Brussels (as I was living there at that time) to seek out options. I found Eyelure sets, and bought about ten. Back home I then spent 5 hours trying and failing to stick the things to my bald eyelid. I was getting frantic as I had a meeting. Finally my wonderful husband who has way better spatial and coordination skills than me managed to get some stuck on. Everyday for the 6 weeks it took for them to grow back, he had to stick them on! I just couldn't do it. They didn't look natural or good, but from a distance it was difficult to tell I had a nude lid, and this was all I wanted! 😉

That sounds awful!   I would have cried!  Your hubby sounds like an awesome man!  

Oh no! I've always been afraid of that happening with an eyelash curler!

But awwww, that was very sweet of your husband 🙂

I wish I would have thought to ask my husband put mine on. Sorry about your lashes. Missed you. Hope you're having a fabulous time traveling. 

Anonymous Insider

This summer was just too much traveling - for work, for weddings, for social functions I couldn't get out of - and right now I am horribly jet lagged, because once I finished this month's Asia work trip, I flew back to the UK to help my eldest daughter's pack for their return to college, then I flew to the US with them to get them both settled into their new dorm rooms, and of course one attends school on the East Coast and one on the West, then I had to fly to Abu Dhabi for work, before heading back to UK ... my brain has no idea what timezone it's in! 😉

I've only tried falsies once. Took me forever to get them on, then they fell off half way through the night. My issue with the videos I've seen is they all make it look so easy. Maybe for them it is. I cannot get it though. I have the same problem with contacts. I cannot really wear them (long story), but when I tried it always took an insanely long time to put them on.

The very first time I tried (some time last year, I think) I couldn't get it on right and it felt like a caterpillar was on my lid.

This time, I used a pair of tweezers to get it on right. It took three tries to get it on my right eye, and it still wasn't on properly. The left eye went on perfectly the first time.

So, I couldn't feel the left, but the right was very uncomfortable. 

And contacts have always scared me! I bought a pair and never used them because I couldn't work up the courage to put it on my eyes haha

My husband keeps mistaking my facial cleanser for diaper cream and putting it in the baby's room. Like, takes it out of the shower and puts it in the baby's diaper box. I'm baffled! I haven't said anything yet because I find it rather fascinating...

What in the world.... What kind of cleanser is it?  

I can't be the only one wondering if he diapered the baby using it, right? What is the consistency of the product once open?

"Hey, this rash is getting worse.... I just don't understand..."

Hahaha. Keep a notebook and write down any discrepancies or behavioral changes. Sounds like a fun little observational experiment. 😄

HAHA.  I love it!  I imagine him thinking "Why does she keep taking the diaper cream in the shower?"

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Omg hahaha that's the best!! 😛

Should I order the MAC vamplify lippies, should I wait 'til I get to Vegas?  Hmmmm...decisions need to be made.  LOL

Okay, I know that it's quite common for brands to like instagram pictures of people wearing their products, but it's never happened to me before. 😞 However, I can't say that anymore! Colourpop liked my picture! 😄 I'm so excited! Heart

11938148_10205295107602804_823302401_n.jpg

Yay congrats!

Yay congrats!!

testing