Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

No problem! Definitely let me know how it goes 🙂

img-2252904787f.png

Was just driving down the road and noticed a new retail complex that will house a Tom Ford boutique and a Diptyque store!

image.jpg

Holy moly. Where is this? Why don't these stores come to my city? (We're on the up-and-up, I swear! Much to my dismay, I might add.)

Hey Gwen - it's in Houston 🙂 (to be fair we are the 4th largest city in the country, on par with Chicago and only recently have started getting these cool things :))

Libellules, I have a TF boutique in town but have yet to go there .....

Ooooh! Where at in Houston? I'm already in trouble because a stand alone Sephora is opening up in Cinco Ranch in Katy (3 minutes from my house). I've been resisting the Tom Ford allure so far but.....

it's between the Galleria and Highland Village :).

Road Trip!!!

Wow that's exciting but dangerous at the same time!

Extremely (exciting but dangerous)!!

That's not good.  That's way too much pricey temptation!!!

I know!! All writhin ~7 minutes of my office. 

Had the most horrifying dream last night.  I went to get ready and my makeup room was completely empty.  I went to the mall to replenish and was told that the Sephora and all the beauty counters at Macy's, Nordstrom, and even the SJCP have all closed.  Went to the Target and the whole section was gone.  Woke up screaming.  Not a way to start the day...

I had a dream my closet was my camper van and I was hiding from someone in it behind a box.  I woke up before they found me.   Lol, as weird as mine was yours sounds way more terrifying.  

Omg how scary!! Haha yeah I woke up and ran over to check that everything is still there!

I am so jealous of people that can wear falsies and look good with them on. 

Now, I've never had a problem with my lashes. They aren't super long or anything, but I like them. BUT, I thought falsies would enhance whatever eye look I do, so I bought a bunch yesterday.

I wore ardell wispies today and it just looked....bad. SO unnatural. One of my little brothers said "I don't know what you did different with your eyes, but.....I don't like it." THAT'S when you know it's bad lol.

So if something simple-ish like that looks weird on me, how will the crazy thick/dark/spikey ones look on? 😞

IG/Youtube girls make everything look spectacular haha. I guess it's not too bad- I don't have to worry about spending money on them now.

I'm jealous you're able to apply lashes.

*hangs head in shame*

Have you tried using single lashes? Strip lashes look wonky on me in general. I have small lids and they overwhelm my eyes. But I use individual lashes a lot. I use around 5-7 on each eye, concentrating on the outer eye. I just fill in gaps where it looks sparse. They add a lot of drama but in a more natural way. No one even knows I'm wearing them. People have commented how great my "lashes" are. My little secret lol. 

How difficult is it to put on single lashes? I always have a hard time putting on the lash band. I've been intimidated to use single lashes since you have to put them on individually and it might look uneven. 

I agree that either the single lashes or even half lashes look waaaaay nicer- unless you buy some of those  japanese lashes that look much finer and don't necessarily provide you with more length.  They just provide more lash density without looking fake.  

I have a couple brands. Diamond lash is one of them.  Unfortunately I don't have style names for you cause I can't read the packaging.  

This has been my experience with those Ardell Wispies too. I was encouraged to buy them after reading a few beauty blogs raving about them but on me they just looked too dramatic and ridiculous, even for a night out. Even other "natural look" falsies just look silly on me. I'm sure it's just a matter or experimenting and trying different lashes till I find some that suit me, but I was really discouraged after that first experience.

2 Replies
testing