Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Yay that's so awesome!!!  It's fantastic when you can embrace something that used to be a "flaw"!  Like I always say, "Every negative can be turned into a positive"!

Tonight I went to a fancy cocktail bar. It was where my first date with my now ex took place, and I, being an overly sentimental type of person, wanted to go ahead and get it over with going back there so I don't associate it all to him. When I walked in the bartender was the same woman who was bar tending 2 years ago on that date--I vaguely recognized this but made a conscious choice not to dwell (I have a tendency to dwell on insignificant things). But then the most amazing thing happened: 

she then came up to me, sniffs lightly, and goes "didn't you come here 2 years ago wearing  this Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan ??? I remember you !". 

i was recognized by my perfume. This is like.....LIFE GOAL REACHED status. And, not to mention, this full circle tale is what I'll remember and attribute to this place, now.

That is a great story!

So happy that she was able to turn that association around for you, and so nice that you have officially become a character, in the best sense of the word.

I am AMAZED that both you and the bartender have such great memories and she also has a pretty great sense of smell. 

You are so brave. I'm the same way about places, smells, songs, you name it, and I still have an extremely hard time going back to things once those memories become difficult ones. How inspiring that you just decided to create something new, and what an amazing new memory to have!

Wow, that is AWESOME! P.S. breakups stink, but glad you turned this memory into a totally cool one!! I am the same as you, sentimental and a can be a dweller at times.  So you're not alone! 😉

This is so awesome! 

Excellent!   Everything pales compared to this perfume association!   I love how this turned out.....

Jem.....you are in good company about being sentimental.  But it is all just a journey we all can't avoid.

Anonymous Insider

Breakups suck. Especially hard after spending significant time building memories and everything is associated with them. I'm like you, very sentimental and a dweller. How cool that you were able to go back there and you were remembered by scent! 

Now that is amazing!  

Anonymous Insider

O.o. This is a VERY interesting bartender.

What one thinks are insignificant are what someone else may remember 2 years from now 🙂  Happy you have a new good memory there. 

Whoa! That's crazy! Crazy in a good way! How stinking cool is that?!? You left quite the impression I'd say! 🙂

My Macy's makeup order shipped and delivered faster than my Amazon Prime order.. something is wrong here.  Is the world ending?

I bought a bunch of Demeter samples -  the little ones that come with the key chain top. Last night I sat there trying each one, and my cat came over and started smelling each one with me.  It was so cute. She hated the florals, but she loved the scent of one of the leather ones so much she took it back to her bed. I took it back, and then noticed this morning that she had taken it back to her bed again.  image.jpg

No but I don't get paying so much for this.  You can make a lip scrub for really cheap or you Lush sells some great ones for not a whole lot when you consider that the jar lasts forever.

I totally agree. I am very happy with the lip scrub/mask I already use. (Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub & Bite Agave Lip mask) I also thought this was steep in price. I'm just a sucker for trying new stuff. Like, I may be missing out on the latest/greatest?!? haha! I haven't tried any Lush products....yet.....

Haha yeah I know what you mean.  I think right now it seems like everyone & their mothers are coming out with lip scrubs/balms.  Personally, I don't even use a scrub (although I do have a deluxe Fresh one and a full size Charlotte Tilbury that I rarely pull out).  I just use good ol' Vaseline every night when I go to bed.  Don't really need to do anything else.

I totally suggest it!  Once you finish your Fresh one.  If you have a Lush store nearby you can go in and even get a sample to try out for free.

I still have my Fresh lip scrub that I got with the promo a while back. I think I ended up eating more of it than actually scrubbing my lip.

Oh well. At least it was yummy.

Lol...I just (re)discovered mine in my cabinet!  I opened it up to give it a sniff.

testing