Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

They were persistent, too. It looks like they liked you on all their accounts. That's cool. Congrats.

Congrats!!

Oooh that is exciting!  Congrats!

My new Bite Frozen Berries Barberry is sitting on my front porch cooking in our 90 degree heat...... ugh.  Come on clock!!!

Ah don't worry! That happens to pretty much all the bite lipsticks.. the little droplets go away as soon as the temperature goes back to normal. Some of temptalias look melted but she doesn't seem to mind lol

They bother me. None of droplets ever went away after months of storing them properly, so I scraped them off! The lipstick looks ugly, but I prefer that to wondering if my drops are something worse than sweat. Picture after my toothpick and alcohol work.

lipstick 3.jpg

LOL I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. That lipstick reminds me of the story someone was just telling in another thread about the lady who ripped out the audacious bullets at sephora and put them in her napkin hahaha

Oh, my. I am such a germaphobe. That would have given me goose bumps to watch someone do that. I do remember being at Ulta right after someone stole a blush tester. I asked the Ulta rep if they had it out (it was the steal for the day but sold out in store). I figured I could at least swatch it before I left and order it online later. She said, "where did that thing go. I saw it 10 minutes ago. Someone must have taken it again." I did not see who took it, but the fact that she said again leads me to believe it is not an uncommon thing for people to steal testers.

I am sick right now and refuse to even touch my makeup (with my own germs) until I am better.

Yes, this was an issue at my Ulta to where some Naked palettes didn't have samples or were stored back due to shoplifting... I mean good makeup makes people get desperate I guess. 

LOL are we the only ones who think it's gross? I can't tell you how many times I've walked by someone in the store putting on mascara from the tester and I just want to pry it out of their hand and force their eyes under a safety sink! (Is that what it's called? You know the little sinks in science classrooms where you flush your eyes when you've been sloppy?)

Eyewashes?  That's not a bad idea.  I refuse to use mascara testers, though I'm not as careful about some other things.

I've seen people put testers directly on their faces. My own son did it once. He clearly did not inherit my fear of germs. Eyes and lippies are the worst, but I still could not place anything on my face either.

eeeww tester mascara?!

Gif-3-Im-Shocked-gif.gif

LOL my thoughts exactly

Hey, Miss J.

Can't wait to see what you got. Fingers crossed they're not sweating when you get home. Bite lippies sweat too darn much.

If it makes you feel better, mine survived about six hours in that kind of weather a few weeks ago! They were a little "sweaty" when I first rescued them, but recovered just fine!

THis heat is no joke! I hope you can pick yours up soon. I got mine when it first came out, when it was a bit cooler, but it survived the heat somehow. Yesterday however, my NARS Audacious arrived with little sweat droplets :'( never happened to me with one of those before

I think I may cry

IMG_0305.JPG

nooo how??

I left it in the sink to dry overnight and when I came in this morning it was broken.  Someone must have put some dishes on top of it or something and it broke.  😞  It's my favorite mug too.

6 Replies
testing