Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

bahaha! I love this gif! I've watched it about 20 times; now, I'm ready to comment;)

I haven't used teint idole, but I recently bought teint miracle and feel the same way!

I was thinking about making a thread for this but I dunno so I'll just post here.  I tried one of the NYX liquid lipsticks I got and I thought I should share my first impressions.  First of all this is not a typical matte liquid lip.  It wasn't completely matte (still has a sheen to it not exactly a shine like a gloss though) and the texture is more of a cream.  It's very comfortable to wear and does not dry and become crackly or sink into lines.  I found it to be extremely pigmented.  It is FULL ON color.  So I looove that.  Also, it lasted through dinner, coffee, ice cream, and um some other activities... 😉  I'm excited to wear the other 3 shades I got (incidentally I wore Vintage and there is a pic of me wearing it in the WAYWT thread if you want to see).  

I think I'll have to try some of these soon! You look awesome in the one on the WAYWT thread.

Other activities you say? Sounds like a good measure of its lasting power 😉 😛

I totally recommend them!  I wore Soft Spoken today.  Still deciding if I should post the picture since I've been having a hard time getting it to look right.  But these are great so far!

Haha yes 😉

Yes! I think I may pick up a few now. I was hearing such horrible reviews about them being drying and crumbly.

I don't see these being dry or crumbly because the texture is more a cream than a typical liquid matte.  The package itself says it's a "cream lipstick".  I'd say give them a try.  I don't know about some of the more unusual shades but I plan to wear Stone Fox (maybe later today or tomorrow) so stay tuned in the WAYWT thread for that.  I have a feeling it'll be just as good as the first two I've worn.

Anonymous Insider

I think that was only a handful of colors like Orange County, most of them were well received.

Thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to try NYX lipsticks but was unsure about the formula. I'll definitely be ordering some lippies now 🙂

You're welcome!  Honestly, I love these and I hope you will too! 🙂

I think I may cry. 

I pulled the trigger on the Zahra towers because they're on sale. Only to find out AFTER ordering from Zahra that Lady Moss has her lipstick towers on sale too! I really wanted th lady moss one but figured I might as well get the  Zahra one since they are sale. 

Lim kicking myself in the butt now for not checking before buying:(

That stinks Stephani!  I didn't check Lady Moss since I like to think it's too big for my needs.  Can you sell the Zahra one maybe?

Possibly, I hope so. 

Steph which tower did you get?  I was thinking of ordering from Zahra but haven't actually done so.  So I would be interested.

I got the black one w/bling. I'll pm you since I'm replying so late. 

Any ideas what this new, chocolate Fresh product could be? Saw this on Instagram. Chocolate & skincare = bliss!

image.jpg

The chocolate mask from Lush comes to mind but IDK what the cocoa powder is supposed to do besides make it smell good.  I agree with hearts about the antioxidant claims.  

upload_9073458085075428268.jpgupload_6266072471609119384.jpg

I typically don't like when things are inedible but smell like chocolate, except the Too Faced stuff.  That stuff smells delightful! 

Alright, let me dig deep into my LUSH product knowledge (I worked there for a few years but quit in December). If I remember correctly, the cocoa powder helps to absorb oil. Sandalwood is a natural antiseptic, and the cocoa butter in it is nice for hydrating the skin (and balances this otherwise oil absorbing mask out).

Whatever Fresh is coming out with looks really interesting!

I like their lip balms, but I like other stuff more.  I have a feeling this is going to be scented and claim antioxidant value.  

No one kill me but I don't really like Fresh products.  But I am curious to see what this will be

That's the beauty of all the choices we have! I really like Fresh, but not all of it! But... when you throw some chocolate in? I think I need it! hahaha!

Fresh is hit or miss for me (and probably more misses than hits). But the products of theirs that I like, I really like. 😄

8 Replies
testing