Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Trying to.  The wind seems to have calmed down quite a bit here and the rain has kicked in.  My yard is a disaster!  As if in we're going to need to rent a dumpster bin cause of the yard waste.  

Goodness!  It's several hours later now...hope all is well!

It's calm.  I actually fell asleep and just woke up.  The silence was unusually calming. 

Yikes that'll be a lot of work once the storm passes.

Oh no!  Be careful....

Stay safe!

My daughter is on vacation in BC and is stuck on the highway as they were on their way to Ucluelet.

Thank you.  There are 56km winds.  We've been meeting all the neighbours as we try to keep our boats contained.  

There are trees falling now. .  Geez.  Tell her to get inside if she can. 

Geez, I've never been in a windstorm that bad. Tornadoes in my area yes, but those are so much more localized and I've never personally interacted with one thank god. Stay safe!

We used to get lots of tornadoes when we lived in Brandon Manitoba.  They were so common that no one was ever really worried about them. 

Are you in the prairies? 

This is what I'm doing at work today, I'm so happy ! Thanks to meganlisa for bringing my attention to the brand. I'm literally a kid on Christmas morning today.

....and now yall  know what my handwriting looks like !

Kerosene

Let me know what you think!!!!!   Aren't the kits amazing!

I'd love to hear which are your favorites.  I'll save my list until you've been through them.  I can get you a discount on many of the full sizes if you decide to bite.

meganlisa, where do you get these kits?

I can get you one.  They used to be on a few sites but I saw they sell out.  They do charge for them.  If you're interested I can check the current cost and get one sent to you.  Let me know.

pm'd you

They're not for me personally, unfortunately. I'm buying them for a shop. It's not definite yet, but it looks like I'm going with Unknown pleasures, r'oud elements, pretty machine and fields of robus. Very hard to narrow it down, but could only choose 4 (for now). Wanted there to be enough variety in the selection, while also considering the scents that are already in the store. Blew me away. (There are quite a few runners up though: wood haven, dirty flower factory and santalum slivers--santalum slivers is the number 5 choice if I get the go ahead for 5 rather than 4). There wasn't a single one I didn't like. Adore the packaging design on these too.

I love the ones you picked!  Is the shop targeted at mostly men, women or both.  The ones you picked are mostly unisex...but if you have a more male focused buying base you might want to consider wood haven or santalum slivers.

My personal favorites are wood haven and dirty flower factory.  I love how wood haven opens up on the skin as you wear it.  But I'm not probably representative...as my taste is quirky.  And dirty flower factory reminds me of a lilac bush my grandparents had when I was a kid...though it has no lilac in it!  The only one I'm not fond of is black vines...the licorice.

I love the ones you're getting...every single one!

Great brand...and I love how the scents evolve on the skin.  So amazingly deep and different, yet comfortably wearable.

Glad you like them!  

Definitely going for more unisex scents with this batch. Customer is primarily female. But aiming for certain vibes here more than gender.

Absolutely!  And I think you're exactly the person to do that.  I love most of these....really love!

Did you wear wood haven?  It's so different an hour into.  I find the scent fascinating...like nothing else.

wood haven was delish. the only reason why i didn't go for it this time was because i have another line coming in soon that will be heavily 'woody'. but it's on the short list of "additional" scents to get if this first round goes well.

Please keep me posted.  Does the shop have an online presence...no link...of course?

Since we are in the middle of the BT 2015 Zit Invasion, the queston on everyone's mind is surely:

"If we MUST get a zit, where would we prefer it be?"

Not to worry, I have done the research and here are my findings:

1.  Zits around the mouth are the worst.  This includes upper lip,chin etc.  They hurt like hell, and are very visible.  And on your upper lip, it can look like a booger or a shadow 'stache. 

2.  A zit on your cheek is actually not too bad.  It is visible <50% of the time as it is on the side of your face.  And it doesn't hurt that much.

3.  My new found zit spot - the eyebrow!!  It hurts, a lot.  But....it has built in camo gear!  I have a small one in my eyebrow at the moment, but I no care. 

I am having a good skin day today!  I killed the "thought zit" that didn't even develop on my chin.  So after several weeks of unusual zit activity, I have been zit free for a couple of weeks.  I have a baby one on my eyebrow...but see #3.  It doesn't count 😉

testing