Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I think it's very possible that it just happened due to time/shipping. I have noticed that my Melteds have gotten a bit messy in the cap since I purchased them, due I think just to the applicator "pulling" the color up through itself, and they've just been sitting in my box. guzelkiz I think posted about this too, how one of hers had made a mess all over her drawer. If it was banging about in the box, possibly getting squished, product could have been forced out that way as well. I have a mini Melted Fuschia sitting in a bag of minis to give a friend, and it was sitting under a heavy box for awhile before I noticed - the color is now all in the applicator, as if it had been used. So I think this one is fine.

Also, from the way the color is distributed, it doesn't look like anyone put that on their lips or even swatched it. If they had, I would think it would be covering the entire surface of the applicator.

Yeah one of mine that I had for over a year (probably longer as I got it as soon as they released their first batch) leaked.  It was all separated like the oil from it was leaking.  I attribute that to age though since I had it soo long because it was just sitting in an acrylic drawer organizer.  It didn't get shaken or banged around or anything.

I doubt anyone actually used this one that Anne posted but I'm personally not willing to take chances on lip products.

Anne I have tons of these and have never received one with any bit of product on the applicator.  Don't chance it.

I keep seeing this around and feel like it fits in here...

image.jpg

Looks like she ages. 2005 to me appears to be a fresh teen, about 16. 2010 barbie is early 20s, and 2015 is late 20s/early 30s. At first glance, I seriously thought that was Paris Hilton in 2015! It's a bit creepy how realistic they've made it with the collarbone and cleavage...

I prefer the 2010 version. She still had teeth and her lashes are goals 😛 

But they're so spidery.  And no blending.  

Honestly, I like 2005 Barbie.  She looks fresh.  

I am completely dumbfounded that is what Barbie looks like now! Not that she looked all that human before but can't even figure out what species she is now. Kardashian maybe? 😉 

She looks biotchy now.  Like she's gonna take out Ken, and not on a date,  

**bleep** she went through some major plastic ( and it truly is plastic) surgery in 10 years!

Totally. Eye job, lip plumping, chin implant, contacts, electrolysis. And that's just her face. Barbie had a lot of work done. Poor Skipper probably fell prey as well. Wonder what she's looking like these days. 

Interestingly, it seems to have INcreased the size of her nose!

This reminds me of

IMG_0185.jpg

LMAO. Why do all the dolls have massive lip injections?

Haha they all want to be like Kylie 😉

I just made an appointment for the Bite Lip Lab in NY! Now I need custom colour ideas.

I'm thinking I don't need another red for now, and I don't need another coral. Since fall is upon us (nooo don't go Summer!) I was thinking a rich, warm plum/purple...something like if Plum + Barberry were mixed together?? Still, I don't know if that's unique enough. 

For $36 I want to make sure I love it!

Yay! This is so exciting, I had such an awesome experience and you will love it. I went last October and made 2 colors- one mauve/purple and one deeper fuchsia. I wasn't planning on getting the fuchsia, but when I tried on a random combination they made for me I fell in love with the color! Just tell them an idea of what you're looking for and they will make a ton of different choices for you to try on. I would definitely recommend a plum or purple- they come out gorgeous, especially with a matte formula. Please let us know how your experience goes!! 🙂

This is my first time in NY so I definitely can't miss it!

I think I'll go with my original plan and ask for a warm purple to be made. I found a lot of the dark purples I like in the bullet apply patchy. Maybe I'll also try and get the perfect MLBB shade made...

Ahh I am SO excited for you! Please report back every detail of your experience 😄 I really want to go and do this at some point too. Maybe go with a shade that you will use often so you can really get your $36 worth? That's what I would do lol. 

I think we should do a BT meetup at the Lip Lab.  Wouldn't that be so awesome? 😄

Yes! That would be so much fun. I'd throw my points at that haha

testing