Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Didn't even noticed when I got HOF....maybe they lowered their obscure guidelines? I don't even know how they switch from different tiers...

Am I the only one who has never heard of Brooke Candy?  Usually I have heard of the people who do MAC collaboration collections.  

She is a rapper who is an unsigned artist, noted more for her bold tattoos, hyper sexual look and lyrics. If she had come on to the scene 15 years ago she would be shocking, as of now I look at her and go "yawn". I read an article about her in Bust magazine. Her father (or step father) is the CEO at "Hustler" magazine and she has worked in the sex industry. As I slink through my 30's and look around at all these "sex positive" ladies like Brooke Candy and Miley Cyrus I snicker because they all seem to brandish the idea that they invented the notion of SEX. *yawn*.

Never heard of her either until MAC.

I have heard of her but solely from the interwebs. The first time I saw her was in Grimes' music video for Genesis. Then I would occasionally see her pop up in other random things. I think she used to be a stripper amongst other things and is now some sort of recording artist.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY

In case you want to watch the music video, she's only featured in this one, doesn't sing or do much. She looks like some sort of space warrior if you wanna just watch for that haha.

Haha, I'm not really a Grimes fan, but have watched the occasional video. As soon as you said "space warrior," I knew exactly who she was.

I'm totally with you on that.  Then add in the cold hard truth that so many collections themselves looked the same over the past year (lots of red/pale nude/fuchsia/bright coral lipstick, repeats of numerous limited edition eye shadows that had been released only a year or so earlier, weakly pigmented blushes...).

And I really like MAC; I just have been less and less tempted, and increasingly so.

Though I loved the Cinderella and Maleficent collections (both Disney, right?).

I never know the MAC collab people.  Who is Mia Moretti?  Should I want to look like Brooke Candy? Does anyone else keep reading her name as Broke Candy?  Am I just unhip?

Mia Moretti is a DJ. As far as you wanting to look like Brooke Candy that is a personal preferance, as she is want to wear pink dreadlocks and skimpy one piece bathing suits to perform in. Broke Candy is a fantastic name, it's better than Brooke Candy. No, I would not consider you unhip. There's a vast well of collaborations MAC could've come up with that people would have identified with better.

if her name was Broke Candy i think i'd have had more (any) interest in the collection.

sounds like a fab drag name.

Sounds like a striper name...

I thought she was at first.  And not a classy one like Dita Von Tesse.

upload_3064785095542095582.gif

You are correct, Brooke Candy use to be (and may currently) be employed as a stripper (or exotic dancer, whatever title is more politically correct).

I love that I can get educated on who people are without having to look them up myself.  

Brooke Candy-  Madonna wannabe rapping ex stripper.   Loves lollipops.  

Never heard of them either. You're not alone!

I take that as advice not to watch;) 

Now you're just baiting me aren't you?   My urge to find what you're talking about has skyrocketed!   Resisting.  

Nope I still have no clue what she does!

I wonder if Mac is going the way of Food Network and giving anyone a shot.  Like they have so many random celebrities with cooking shows these days.

i guess they have to throw a wild card in there here and there cause they'll run out of collection material at the rate they release them otherwise.  

Never heard of her either.

testing