Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Ahh ok, thanks Megan!  I wonder how it will look on me.  I guess I'll find out! 😉

Probably beautiful!

Aw thanks Megan 😉

I have them, I'll do a quick swatch for you before it gets dark 😛

Thanks MK, appreciate it!

IMG_9871.JPG

Pretty different, Redrum is on top. Hope that helps!

I don't have Redrum but Icon looks on me like MK's Icon  swatch so I believe it will look lovely on you as well

Thanks fatimamummy.  I will try it tomorrow and see!

Thanks MK!  This definitely helps!

This cracked me up

IMG_0127.jpg

They really need to work on that Stamos. 

Haha totally!

I'm going to be going to the "big festival in the desert" soon and all I can think about is how to take care of my skin. My skin is so sensitive and I'm worried about getting horrible breakouts. I do plan on taking a few hydration masks with me. I don't know how my hair will survive. Ugh.....

Take a jar of coconut oil. For your hair, your skin, your cuticles. It's my desert island beauty product. Also hyularonic acid layered under a moisturizer or oil works wonders for me. 

Use an exfoliator, gently, at some point.  That saves my skin in hot/messy/icky/travel situations.  Then only light cream..no serums etc ..for those few days.

That's what would work for my skin.

And then have fun!!!

Try not to change up your skin routine as much as possible.  Your best friend will be makeup remover wipes and not for makeup- to remove the desert dust off your face before even starting to wash off.  

Hair- messy braids and crazy ponytails.  Dry shampoo is awesome.  I'm assuming this is burning man.  Water is all brought in by each individual.  Make sure you alot enough for not just drinking but for washing as well.  

Manx bring more sunscreen than you think you'll need.  You'll need it! 

if i were going to a festival in the desert, i think i'd take a good micellar water to get the dirt and grime off am and pm. i particularly love the koh gen do spa water since it has a bit of lactic acid to help regulate pH levels. i'd probably also take a refreshing spritz like rosewater or caudalie beauty elixir. and a moisturizer because ain't no way around that.

Defiantly take a wide brimmed hat, it'll protect your hair and your face from the sun. Also, Aveda makes a good hair spf, if you are interested in going that route, just be warned, it makes my hair greasy.

Has anyone gotten the chance to try the new NYX pro brushes? 

i made an order for the Glamglow super cleanse daily clearing cleanser for my son who is experiencing his first acne.  Sniffles at the milestone.  It arrived in the mail today and I handed it to him and told him to go wash his face and try it out.  He goes off.  

Then I hear giggling.  A few minutes later both my boys are giggling.  Time to investigate.  

I wish these things still amused me the way they amuse them.  I remember those days.  

Spoiler

image.jpg

It seems the case with all Glam Glow cleanser. I just opened my backup of Youth Mud and it has the same printing on packaging. I didn't notice it when I opened the one I'm already using.

Spoiler
IMG_20150824_203402.jpg
2 Replies
testing