Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I only got $1 back for my skincare bag 😞  Also, I've been having problems lately with my ebates going through.  I have to keep emailing and telling them I made a purchase and it didn't show up.  

Nice!

Nothing to do with beauty but I hate jury duty.  I may have to go to the city for it on Monday (I still don't get why they can't send me to a closer court) and first they sent me a reminder e-mail since I have to check online tomorrow to see if I have to go on Monday.  Now they just called with an automated reminder.  Ok I get it!  Sigh.  Sorry, just irritated.  

Anonymous Insider

I lucked out when I lived in Seattle, had to show up for two days of reading my Kindle and punting emails to work on my blackberry. Really relaxing.

You aren't obligated to serve where you don't live, I don't think? On the form, isn't there a box you can check that effectively says you don't live there? I know when I moved to Oakland and received a summons for San Francisco, I wasn't eligible because I didn't live there anymore.

On the summons I got it said if I live more than 80 miles from the courthouse I can be excused but that's not the case.  Oddly though, when I went to the website of the superior court in SF it says that if I don't live in the county I can fill out the address change form and I won't have to come.  Too bad it's too late now since I have to call or go online starting tomorrow to see if I need to go there starting Monday.  

Edit: Just looked at the summons I got and it is from a district court not the superior court.  So I guess I'm doomed to go and waste a day.  Good thing is I've never been selected to serve on a jury because I have very strong opinions so they always dismiss me.

Never mind about the 80 miles thing.  On here it says that if I live more than 80 miles I can ask them how much they'll reimburse for meals and a hotel.  Wow.  

The last time I was summoned, I got lucky because it was a short week (Columbus Day? Veteran's Day? Something that closed the courts on Wednesday, so my group was never even called. 🙂 But I'm still able to use it to get out of any future summons for the next year or whatever the time period is.

Haha you got lucky!  I've been summoned a bunch of times.  Actually months ago I got a summons earlier this year but I got it postponed.  Since I already used an excuse this time I can't contest it.  It's weird this time because they say I am "on call" for 2 weeks so I have to check every night starting tomorrow to see if I need to go to the court.  I can pretty much get out of it once I go because of that questionnaire they make you fill out asking about beliefs and opinions.  I just hate to have to miss a day of work to go there.

Rudeness as revenge (and slighting another for good measure) is most unattractive. Beauty is more than how somebody looks.

I so agree with this DiVWA! I hope you personally weren't on the receiving end of such behavior.

so i got the bite 250 pt perk in bellini. i didn't need it, and honestly the color is cooler toned than i thought it would be. (i basically thought it would be warmer, like nars natalie...then i was like, WAIT I HAVE NATALIE, WHY DID I DO THIS I'M OUT OF CONTROL). 

BUT .... i think the real reason why i went for the perk is because i think it is a great comprehensive perk and wanted to basically contribute to demand, to show sephora that i think this is the direction the points program should go in (assuming that they'll never convert to a points-for-dollars system). like voting with your money: beauty addict style. 

i swatched it and all, but i *think* i'm going to give it to my friend. not entirely sure. i think the products are great, i just know i'll never reach for it over, say, nars schiap.

I felt the same way initially. I didn't feel like I NEEDED it, as I have a color that's similar, but I'm so glad I picked it up. I've been reaching for it more and more. It's a really good perk!

Does anybody have Bellini and 007?  Are they smilar at all?

Bellini

image.jpg

Thank you Stephani!!

You're welcome GC☺️

Give me a moment, I'll swatch & brb.

Bellini is a colour that I think REALLY works for me so I'm glad to have it since I also love Bite... But I felt a little torn on the gloss. I hate gloss. Too sticky. 

However, it's a fantastic perk. I definitely want all of the Bite perks. I wore the gloss once and I do like it over the lipstick. If I can't get over the texture, I guess my sister gets a present 😉 

but yes - this is a great perk. It feels like it's worth 250 points too.  I want more like this! 

i did the same. it's not a color i'd choose over others but it is a perk i'd choose over others. 

That's actually part of the reason I got mine too.

I didn't think the color was going to look good on me, and I typically don't use gloss, but I wanted them to know that this is a good perk.

I know what you mean, I haven't picked it up because a- I really don't have anything I want to buy to redeem online and b- I do have so many hot pinks already, but I did want to just for the sake of showing Sephora this was a good idea

5 Replies
testing