Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Ohhh, I need to see swatches of this. I had high hopes for 'Reckless' that were subsequently smashed, so I hope this is a good one!

Ugh I have been anxiously waiting for my store to get testers of tribulation!  

I've almost ordered it direct from NARS 3 times already. 😄

Ordered from Sacks last week and used a 10%off code wanted to try Gina too. Tribulation was the one thing in the fall collection that really caught my eye.

I have both of these now, and I'm curious to see how they swatch side by side.

This is on my to-do list for tomorrow 😉

ETA: a local Canadian beauty store still has their testers of that discontinued Shiseido blush (I assume you mean Medusa PK107) and the last time I was there I saw the tester and started palpitating at the thought of being able to get one.... nope!  They just have the tester from however long its been and haven't changed out their display in forever, LOL.

oh i didn't know you had sex appeal ! i just felt like i had my blinders on !!

maybe they don't swatch as closely. BUT, regardless, it was exactly what i was looking for ! DOH !

It wasn't until I saw your side by side that it even clicked in that they might be the same shade.

Although, I only recently got Reckless as a gift, so until now I wouldn't have noticed 🙂

Glad it is what you're looking for!  I mostly end up using it in the winter, or to fix overblushing.  It barely shows up on me this time of year, otherwise.

It is going to look stellar on you!

so, 1. i had to change my av back to aladdin sane because i couldn't find any of my threads or posts !!

2. was supposed to receive a package today, only to see this on the tracking page: "We left the package in our facility. This may cause a delay. We will deliver as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled." womp womp.

When you find out your older sister has been using an eyeliner brush as her crease brush and them she smudges her "cat eye" (she used eyeshadow to draw a line and then smudged it so you can hardly see the line).

2015-08-03 07.06.42.png

ok so this is random thoughts / random. i will try to tie it into beauty by saying: my mother is very photogenic and inherently glamorous. wanted to share with you guys because i think it's one of the funniest photos i've ever found. i suppose i've always had a penchant for the dramatic flair ?

mom.jpg

yep, can totally understand where you get your gorgeous genes..and that dramatic pose is awesome

Your mom is gorgeous and looks like the Gossip Girl who always wore headbands (I didn't watch the show and the actress's name is escaping me).

Leighton Meester - I only know because I have obsessively been re-watching the show over and over 😉

Awwwwww!!!! The dramatic FLAIL. I love it!!! And your mom is GORGEOUS. 

work that pose, jemly! 

I love that pic!  And the dog in the background almost looks like one of my dogs 🙂

that dog's name was shelly. not long after that they had to rehome her because she, apparently, tried to bite me. which makes me wonder because poodles are typically kicka**. she was really beautiful--grey/silver with black ears. 

Oh my god. This is amazing. I hope you have this framed. Your mother is stunning  ... and your dramatic hand and stretched out onsie legs are adorable.

I wish I looked tbat glamourous feeding my babies.  I was usually hair Unbrushed and covered in baby puke.

Yep. I was (am!?) the exact opposite of Jemly's mom. 

Jemly it's you? How cute! Your mother is a very Gorgeous lady indeed.

ha yep baby me.

and yes, my mother. to this day she rolls out of bed perfect.

12 Replies
testing