Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I wax my upper lip.  It's not weird.  It's just a part of the torturous beauty ritual.   I find these all the timeat SDM.  Maybe they're just OOS.  I think there's a brand called Andrea that makes them as well.  You can find them for sure at Walmart, London drugs or at rexall.   There's no difference between the two brands.  

Whatever you do, stop plucking one by one,  you'll end up with scarring.  .

Please people!  Unwanted facial hair is as common as having hair at all.  Don't feel like you are odd or unfortunate.  

If you have an Indian salon close by, you could also ask them to sell you some wax.  Or you can have them do it for you.  My friend used to make her own wax....but I don't know the recipe.  I am sure Google does.... 

Yep. I have a mustache that I have to regularly maintain. Something strange? My sister and I both used to have this random long hair in the exact place on our chin that we would have to pluck. We used to joke around about forgetting to pluck it and reminding each other. Then, when I got pregnant, it completely vanished, as did hers when she had her son. Hormones are a powerful thing, but in this case, it worked to my advantage.

It might be common but you wouldn't know it. Everyone (hopefully) knows a majority of women shave their legs and armpits but I think most would still consider it odd removing any facial hair except brows? It's only been necessary for a couple of us in my circle of friends.

I don't know if i'd be any good using the professional stuff and aren't comfortable getting things like this done in a salon. If I can't find anything I might eventually give a try though. Thanks.

You're definitely right about unwanted facial hair being common .. I've gotten to the point where discussing new and "interesting" facial hair with age has become common with some of my girlfriends. 

I understand the pain of trying to find decent in-store wax. As someone who has to wax their upper lip, sideburns and chin .. gross, I know - it's almost an obsession of mine to find good at-home wax kits. I haven't seen Balea personally and it sounds wonderful from your description .. Have you tried Amazon? 

So sorry you have to deal with all that. 

It's so frustrating isn't it! I'd found the solution and now it's gone. 😞 I've tried Amazon, eBay and various google searches trying to find a source without luck.

Meh - it's just apart of the deal I guess and to be honest I don't find waxing to be that much of an inconvenience. I did a little searching for the strips you posted and if you don't mind me asking, how much were you spending on the box when they were available at Drug Mart?

It's great you feel that way 🙂

Did you find it?! It's a drugstore brand - pretty sure the house brand of European chain DM as most of their products also feature that logo. I would get it for CAD$6-8 (usually when on sale) from Shoppers. I'm willing to pay more for something that works though!

What are you using at the moment? Or having it done professionally?

The reason I ask is because I live close to Mexico and there is a store that has a lot of brands/products that are from Germany that have been discontinued here in the States and Canada. I'm heading there next week and I'll look for it there. Right now I'm using a Mexican brand that equates to Sally Hansen.. not phenomenal, but it does the job. I try to get my sideburns done professionally but it's hard to find a decent place where I live. 

Went to Sephora today for the Smashbox event. It was pretty nice, the SA  used the new Shapemaster Palette and Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water Broad Spectrum SPF 30, I really liked that one, and the LA lights blendable lip and cheek color. Pretty colors. That was my first event, I liked it. I got to choose as the free gift either a mascara or a lip gloss. I got the lipgloss its Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Laquer in coral, size is.10fl oz

I'm so excited to see that OCC will be repackaging their lip tars by giving them applicators!  I haven't really used any of the ones I have (mostly minis received in kits) because they were so inconvenient to apply.

IMG_9758.jpg

Anonymous Insider

wait i just read liquid lipsticks?? Anyway's all of OCC's on sale in sephora.

The reason this is exciting  is because the current lip tars are sold in tubes without an attached applicator.  They do come with a mini lip brush but that's such a pain.

Anonymous Insider

OH MY GOSH. I'm so dumb. When I think of liquid lipsticks I always think of liquid to matte. Yay I'm so glad it's the original formula. I guess I just never really considered them lipstick hehe. It's such a hassle with the mini lip brush 😞 glad they finally listened to our request.

Exactly!  Everyone has been complaining about the packaging for a long time so it's good they are changing it.

Anonymous Insider

Guzelkiz- any of your existing colors you can get empty sample size of these gloss doefoots to fill for less than a $1 from some DIY Cosmetic supply places. I'm probably one of the minority that is a tad peeved at the price point these are going to be at for the amount of product, which is how I ended up researching how much these vials cost.

Oooh really?!  I'll have to go looking for those!  I actually agree with you about the price.  It's not really a good value.  But I definitely want to use the ones I currently have.

yay !!!!! those amazing colors and a easy way to use them !!!! hope they are just as good as the tube ones

Anonymous Insider

According to the press release it is supposed to be the same formulation. I have no idea if the doefoot is going to apply too much product or be brilliant.

Ouhhhhhh,  I can finally give them a whirl without worrying about reapplying issues!  

9 Replies
testing