Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Well, it's 3:20am and I've finally decided on which lipsticks I'm taking to Germany, lol.  I think I have my bases covered. image.jpg

Have an amazing trip!  It's always so hard trying to figure out what you're going to take with you.  #firstworldproblems

I thought I had my staple travelling colours but then I died my hair blue and everything changed. Grrrr. 

Yup, I can see all kinda colors so you'll be good,,,,and  if not who don't want to buy some more makeup during their foreign trips 😉

Have a fun trip heart!

Ha, that'll be happening near the end of the trip.  We're going to a kind of hacker camp/camping conference.  Never been to this one before, but I'm told it's like a mini burning man for families.  Should be fun.  We've been to hacker camps in the past that I compared to burning man, but this is supposed to be bigger.   Needless to say, there won't be much shopping happening for the first week and a half 

Hope you have a great trip!!!  Love the shades you chose..

Thanks:). I think I should probably ditch that coraly orange - no, I'm done.  That took me too long to go back and doubt myself. 

Date night with my love this evening; honestly we were just trying to avoid the hottest part of the day by remaining indoors and not having to work on much. We had a light sushi dinner and then went to the Portland Art Museum where there is currently an exhibit entitled "Gods and Heroes" and is all about the classical drawing, painting and sculpture from the French École des Beaux-Arts. One of my favorite painters, William-Adolphe Bouguereau, was represented with a few pieces, and this one in particular really drew me in. (I snapped this full frame photo of the original! Nothing like it!).

I love this sort of style of feminine beauty from the 19th century classical painters. The painting is titled 'Disdain,' and I suppose her expression does somewhat communicate a sense of it -- only from the slight downturn at the corners of her mouth; it is incredibly subtle -- but she is still so beautiful! I wish I could be this lovely!

I find myself inspired by this in so many ways, including her hair style and the rosiness of her cheeks and lids. Not to mention those fabulous brows!

image.jpg

I love her expression.  Giving a proper dirty look is an art form.  Hand flailing and shouting is for chumps.  It is all in the eyes and mouth.

Indeed.

You are this lovely.

Aww. Thank you, GC! :3

These pictures are so beautiful!  Such individual concepts of beauty!!  Really lovely!!

This is so funny... Bouguereau is my dad's favorite artist, so I grew up surrounded by a lot of his prints. 

He loved the way he painted facial expressions.

Your dad must be a pretty cool guy. 😉

I think so, he came to my wedding dressed up in steampunk even though it wasn't a steampunk wedding 🙂

That is amazing! 🙂

Gorgeous.

That inspires me to post this lovely woman. I find her eyes mesmerizing. The painting's Maria by Kees van Dongen, and it's at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY. Apologies for the major crookedness; I don't know why I didn't retake it.

IMG_1964_1024.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This reminds me of my favorite John Waterhouse.

waterhouse_the_crystal_ball_skull.jpg

Ohhh, It's lovely!

YES! I love Waterhouse too! You're awesome, SQ! (But we all already knew that, of course.) Here's one of my favorites of his. This one and the classic one of Circe turning men into pigs are tied as favorites.

image.jpg

4 Replies
testing