Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Aww you are a sweet girl calcutta and here is a heart to make you feel better 🙂

images.jpg

Thank you, and I hope everyone else can see that I'm a sweet person too.

I hear yah, Fatima!

You should write in Urdu and let others use a translator if they want to talk to you!

Not sure how it is in 

Canada, but I sure do wish America adopted a more continental attitude!

Most Americans have no foreign language survival skills.

They would starve and poop their pants if they traveled to Pakistan 

and, probably sleep at the airport because most refuse to see the other side of the coin!

Canada is a very multicultural country and it is very rare that you are treated in a discriminant manner. I can also assure you that Americans on this forum are not discriminant in any sense. I can see you are annoyed but believe me Pakistanis are famous for their Hospitality and they won't let anyone starve or so :).

An interesting fact is that most of the Porters know enough English required for basic communication. We are a very talented nation 🙂

I was just being funny! I am not annoyed or anything like that.  Lol!

I have actually crossed the Wagah border 9 times.

Many times I would bring reluctant western travelers I met in India into Pakistan.

Once they sat for the Wagah pep rally they 

were so happy to be there and then it was nothing but Pakistan love once they met my Lahori home stay family.

That is exactly my point.

Foreigners learn English, but in USA nobody really gets into foreign languages even though we have people traveling here from all over the world.

Ooooops got your point now 😄

Your English is great! It's the interwebz not a dissertation. Some people seem to forget that. I think we all make mistakes, especially when you're typing super fast. English is my 3rd language too. I did learn it when I was very young but I'm still very critical about my grammar. I know most of my friends that are nonnative speakers feel the same way. Whenever someone gives me attitude about my accent or grammar I just mumble something in another language. Haha. 

Fatima, I can speak 2 of the three you do.  And I can understand a teeny tiny bit of the third 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Southern is a language and I had to break myself of it. A young me had a breakdown trying to figure out the English concept of ya'll. If I get aggravated enough it comes out with biscuits and sausage gravy.

Social, I am well versed in Southern.  And some of it is in me now. 

Anonymous Insider

Green, you come round and we can have coffee, y'hear? Formally though, the offerings are pretty diverse. 😉

Social, I am fixin' to head out your way.....

Mmmmmmmm, gravy!  

I speak English and Sarcasm fluently. I lived in Italy for a while and spoke fluent Italian, but now with very few reasons to practice it, it's not as easy anymore. 

I speak 4 languages, and can read and write in 3.  My pups are bi-lingual....but only when I am telling them about treats.

Totally unrelated, but reading this reminded me of what your dogs answer to.

Haha!  NC, puppy CPS might not appreciate my terms of endearment.

My dogs are multi-lingual too... English and American Sign Language, my oldest dog knows a little Italian too. 

I don't consider myself multi-lingual, as I only consider myself fluent in English, but growing up was a mix of English, Yiddish, Spanish and a tiny bit of French, picked up more Spanish, Italian, and Sign Language as a young adult, now I really only use English and Sign Language, but every now and then Yiddish pops out and everyone goes "huh?" lol it's so ingrained I don't know it different from English.

Yep, totally started this post with the intention of just mentioning my dogs. Whoops. Sorry for the tangent!

I can speak two of the three as well!  🙂

Actually I can speak 1 and maybe 3/4 of another lol

Don't worry Fatima, English is my first language and I know I'm guilty of mistakes when writing on BT. If it's work or school related I will go over my writing multiple times, and analyze every single word, if it's just the internet then I know it's okay

Though, from now on I will likely be double checking my comments on here too lol

Deed u git corracted? 

I hear you! English is my third language, as well, and it is ( and, probably always will be ) a work in progress. I was wondering today... should I expect an angry mob of grammar **bleep** on my back for every mistake I make while trying to communicate on BT? Geeeeez! I'm already tremendously self-conscious about it as it is, so if my English offends you, guess what? Don't read my posts! And, take a chill pill! At least I'm trying.

Should I be duc(k)Ting down now, or something?

1 Reply
testing