Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Thank you:)  the weird comes free of charge! 

LOL. This is the first time I have ever seen marshmallow fangs and my daughter eats these all the time! You are crazy in a very good way!

If you could just reveal the many wonderful things you can do with marshmallows her quality of life would go up.  

I think you need to rectify the situation.  😉

I'm on it! Don't want my daughter being a marshmallow user outcast. 🙂

LOL brilliant. You are wearing Sulley fur and sporting Sulley fangs 😛

Yep!  I pick up a couple of these at Tokyo Disneyland.  I collect Spirithoods so they were a welcome addition to my collection.  🙂  I just ordered rainbow dash and aurora kitty today:). So excited! 

Hahahahahahahahaha I love this!!!! And I haven't had those marshmallows for years!

Me neither!  We always get the white ones when we buy them.  I don't know which party they came in with, but they're mine now!  

Yes, actually, but, it generally looks way more dorky. *jealous*

Lol, does this make you feel better? 

Spoiler
image.jpg

This is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. ♥

I was going for dorky.  Back to my Disney princess castle. 

Anonymous Insider

Forever hearts. This will be my avatar for a while.

I love you too:) 

Hahaha OMG I love this! Sadly, you're just too cute.

image.jpg

I don't want to start any arguments or drama by posting this.. but I noticed some negativity on here surrounding specific YouTube "beauty gurus" such as Jaclyn Hill and Manny MUA etc. Since I'm relatively "new" to the makeup world I guess I'm a little clueless maybe? I'm just genuinely wondering why it seems that nobody likes them?!

I love their videos, but then again I know nothing about them as people or what controversy surrounds them. So can someone please give me the scoop here!? Please don't yell at me!!! lol

Here is a brief summary:

- A girl on youtube posted a video bashing Gerard Cosmetics (I don't remember her name)

- MannyMUA posted a snap on snapchat of Jen Gerard (owner of Gerard Cosmetics) calling the youtuber 'ugly'

- Viewers were offended that 1) Jen Gerard called a woman ugly 2) MannyMUA should not have posted the snap and from what I have read some viewers say he bullies other youtubers (Carlibyel posted something about him being a bully)

This is just a recent incident, i'm not sure of previous issues.  I'm personally a new fan of Jaclyn Hill and I like her.  MannyMUA I tried watching some of his videos and I don't know, I couldn't connect with his videos.  If I have info wrong please let me know. 🙂

Thanks a ton for the info. I actually did a Google search on this and read really bad stuff about Gerard Cosmetics... I didn't reallly realize that Jaclyn and Manny both were paid by Gerard Cosmetics to ONLY say good things about their products, rather than share their honest opinion. I don't like that, and I'm pretty upset because I just bought Jaclyn's lipstick and Manny's matte lipgloss from Gerard Cosmetics. 

Matte lipgloss?  What on earth....

haha i said that completely wrong.. not a matte lipgloss. similar to the Nyx soft matte lip creams such as it's in a lip gloss tube/goes on like lipgloss but it dries like a matte lipstick. it was peeling off of my lips after like 3 hours and it was very dry 

6 Replies
testing