Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I was just looking ate reviews for DOLCE&GABBANA Dolce Rose Eau de Toilette and saw one labeled as "incentivized."  This is the first I've seen of this on Sephora.  Thoughts?

RE: Timeless beauty vitamin C, I don't remember who was asking for a review (maybe @WinglessOne ?) But here it is: first, I was very impressed that the product was made just a few days after I ordered it. Even though it took a month to get to Canada it was still completely clear and fresh. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and love how liquid and absorbant it is - not sticky at all! I also appreciate that it is formulated clear so that you will be able to see when it starts to oxidize and turn yellow and then orange. This is something that really annoyed me about the DE vit C which starts out yellow and you can't tell how fresh it is. My finicky skin did not break out from this vit C and has instead been glowy and happy. The cherry on top is that even with the additional shipping fees to Canada, it is still a cheaper alternative to DE. If it doesn't oxidize too much in the next 2 months I will definitely be switching over 🙂 

@SurprisedLemur Thanks for the review! I'm one of the folks who were interested in this one. @CookieGirl1  is another one, and I think she just bought herself a bottle so it'll be interesting to hear her thoughts as well. 🙂 

@WinglessOne @SurprisedLemur I did, in fact, just get my bottle in the mail yesterday as well as the Matrixyl serum.  I love the packaging on the vitamin C since it's in an airtight pump and the ingredients/formulation look very solid so I'm happy to hear that you're liking it so far, @SurprisedLemur.

@CookieGirl1I agree, the airless pump is definitely another plus!

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

cross post from KA thread, in hopes someone will see and be able to answer....If anyone has the molten lip colors- I recently picked some up at Tjmaxx/marshalls & they have a chemical smell to them in the tube. You don't smell it on , but I'm wondering if they're old stock? I have the lip gloss & that has a fruity smell to it. So I'm wondering do they have a fruity smell too? Thanks!

@sonnydee 

I picked up one from SpaceNK back in January, and just double checked it... I'm getting next to nothing from it scent-wise. Perhaps the faintest whiff of (not sure, really?? It's not fruity or perfumey...just "ingredient scent", but I wouldn't say "chemically" necessarily), but it's certainly not strong at all.

it says on his website that they're lip products smell/ta...

thank you so much for smelling them for me !it says on his website that they're lip products smell/taste like fig. @RGbrown I get the fruity smell with the lip gloss but not at all with the molten lips. they remind me of how lipstick queen liquid lipgloss/lipstick smells but not quite as strong. I couldn't wear LQ is was to strong of a smell!🤭

If money is no object i’d hire someone wash my brushes for me. 97297BC1-F579-451B-B17B-AF51905170B4.jpeg

Can you see how behind I was? Both brush trees are almost out of room. Sigh 😔 

Where did you get these??

Where did you get these??

Re: Where did you get these??

@Sunny7238  I got mine on ebay

@blackkitty2014 Love those brush holders!

Best,
Rebecca

Thx you @RebeccaBT .  I love them too.  That company no longer makes brush holders though you still can find some similar brush trees on Amazon.

@blackkitty2014  Heck i use that as my relaxing time, i just pull up a little stool to the sink and just sit and relax as I clean. I have those same brush holders, they are so convenient.

@Anastasiya13 I also realize how many brushes I have when washing these 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014  haha I feel you on that, thats why I get a stool to sit on when I wash mine

@blackkitty2014 Same -  I'm so behind I avoid thinking about it lol

I am having serious back to school blues. Missing the presence of my little munchkins so much that I spent whole day in the kitchen cooking and baking their favorites. It feels so quiet and empty 😢 Anyone else in the same boat?

Finally bought a new blowdryer and thought I would read the instructions before using. Now I want to know who is

responsible for this warning.20171021_115849.jpg

@fatimamummyI know how you feel!! Tomorrow is the first day of school here in NY and I am very sad 😞

16,183 Replies
testing