Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I hadn't even heard of manny mua so I went to go watch a video.  I didn't get even half way through before I was done with it.  I'm sure he would be fun to be around in person but when watching tutorials I don't want to be hearing curse words every second word.  

I agree a lot with Ritikat!

I haven't watched Manny vids but regarding Jaclyn I just feel like what she talks about and endorses isn't because she actually likes it but because she's getting money from it so I can't trust what she talks about. 

Her personality is also just a little too much for me and IMO annoying. 

Hi there! I think a lot of the problems with Jaclyn and Manny stem from lies and deception. With Jaclyn, she never states if a video is sponsored or if the links in her description are affiliate links. For example, there were the Sigma brushes that she loved for a while but then they were replaced without a word for the Morphe brushes. What does she honestly use? What kind of kickback does she receive from these brands? Nobody knows. Also, it seems that she does the same look over and over again, with the same style and color palette. I don't really watch Manny but I know he's like a tiny Jaclyn clone. They've both got high squealy voices and personalities and I think it's a little off-putting for a lot of people. Also, Jaclyn never matches her foundation properly (look at her Q&A video when she turns her head, there is a huge difference). This is just what I've gathered, so others please add! 🙂

Thanks for the info! I see where you're coming from with how she talks about Sigma and Morphe. I also agree that I don't like how she doesn't ever say whether or not she's sponsored by a specific brand... that could definitely be misleading 😕

It's not only misleading, it's against YouTube policy and she could potentially get in trouble for it from YT. She never seems to care, though.

I'm gonna have to call the NYX marketing team because when I read the label, the last thing I think of is something that should go on my lips! derp 😮

NYXCD.PNG

Chunky Dunk, Chubby Stick.........I need to get my mind out of the gutter

Why couldn't they just call them pouty and plump?  I'd buy pouty and plump. 

For those who may not know this, "chunky dunking" is the same as "skinny dipping" with the added implication of not being skinny. One might have heard the phrase used jokingly or in a self depreciating manner, "we all went to the river to go skinny dipping, except me, since I only go chunky dunking".

But maybe swimming in one's nudey pants isn't as common anymore? I don't know. (Certainly not something one should do at public pools/beaches anyway.)

Nyx is no doubt hoping the name is self explanatory for chubby pencil of the sheer/balm variety, but if you aren't familiar with the term it could be off putting.

upload_6598071678137733549.gif

That's interesting, so thanks for enlightening me!  Still...I don't know if calling a product naked & fat is all that good a selling point either lol

You know, I've never eaten at fat burger because of the name and never wanted chubby chicken from a&w because I don't wanna be reading the word fat or chubby while I'm eating. 

Neither have I!

There is a popular restaurant here in Portland called LARDO, and I just can't bring myself to want to try it.

Somehow that one eats the cake!  LARDO.  

I've eaten at both and they're delicious. LOL

I take it you've never played the game "chubby bunny" then, hearts?

What is this chubby bunny game?  I'm interested. 

Don't do it hearts! It's horrible and it will ruin marshmallows for you forever. 

I'm serious. That game is traumatizing.

Hahah it's traumatizing if you've seen someone playing that game with strawberries....it ain't a pretty sight. Hahahah!

FYI, hearts, from Wikipedia:

"In the game, each participant usually places a marshmallow into their mouth and says "chubby bunny" or something similar. If they are able to state the whole phrase, usually in a comprehensible manner that the other participants wholly concur to, they pass that round. Each successful player then adds an additional marshmallow to the one already in his or her mouth and repeats the phrase. A player who fails to complete the phrase is eliminated from the game. The process continues until only one player remains. After the penultimate player loses the game, the winning player might have to place one more marshmallow into his or her mouth and may have to state the phrase once more. The winner of the game is the player who fits the most marshmallows into his or her mouth.[2][3] Some variants of the game require the winner to actually ingest the marshmallows."

Ahhhh. What is this game?  

Edit- my horizons have expanded and rainbows and sparkles started pouring all over my soul!   I can't wait to play this game!!   

Fair enough! XD Chubby pencils are common enough now that they don't really need to put that in the name anymore.

19 Replies
testing