Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I have a huge stressful day planned tomorrow.....and my only solace is that Sunday is the beauty before brunch even that I'm going to go too. This will be my reward.

I will be filming my thesis ladies/gents/beauty addicts....and I'll be hopefully finished filming my thesis. I've been working on this script for 2+ years. Its nowhere near what I had originally wanted to do (budget constraints). But I'm finally here. I've rehearsed my actors. I've tried to think of contingencies. I will be making my shot list tonight. I've gone through permit hell to get my location. Rearranged my schedule god knows how many times because of crew and talent. I've cast....recast...and recast again. So now. Tomorrow I will finally be shooting my thesis. And then edit it and defend in the fall. If anyone has any positive vibes laying around please send it my way....I just want tomorrow to be smooth and seamless. If anyone is in LA and would like to join my tiny crew you're more than welcome. I can't pay you but I will feed you.

Sending you good vibes!  If I were in LA I would totally help out.  It's going to be amazing!  

I wish I were in LA right now!  Deep breaths!  You're going to get through this and it'll be well worth all the effort you've put into it!  :). 

You've put  much time, heart, and energy into this so think positive and things will go fine. As my late father use to tell my daughter before a performance " the trick is to get those butterflies to fly in formation"! Here's to compliant butterflies! 🙂

SENT! hope you all have a wonderful time

Sending my positive and creative vibes to you!! And hoping everything goes exactly as you want it.

I am sending the positive vibes your way, in droves! You will nail it!! Too bad I can't make it to LA tomorrow or I'd gladly be the star of the show for free...lol! I love doing little extra/walk-on parts. So fun! Would I want to be the one filming? No, I'm just in it for the fun.

But you, my dear, will be nervous but that's ok, use that to your advantage. Project an outward air of confidence and positivity, even if your insides are producing diarrhea that is ready to explode at any moment! LOL!!!

I'm sorry, for a moment there I was thinking about my own experiences...hahahaha!!! But honestly, I'm sending those positive vibes on a red eye from the East Coast. It'll be there just in time. Kick behind, girl!!! 😉

You will do it and do it right,,,Go girl !

I will send you lots of positive thoughts...you've done the prep...so relax and enjoy the process.  There must be a passion behind it..so tap into that!

I've been getting into Instagram a lot lately (about 3 yrs late haha) and follow a lot of makeup artists. I see a lot of comments by men being left on the Before/Afters going "this is why men have trust issues." I've been rolling my eyes so much at these types of comments that I've been getting migraines. I mean where to start, where to start... 

I posted this on a different thread but as it's relevant...

Spoiler
image.jpg

I feel bad for these men.  Imagine!  Not being able to see makeup!!!  Eye liner and red lipstick are so not visible!

So shallow...really...are you dating the face or the person?

Trust comes from getting to know a person, not just what they look like.

So sad.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.  Besides, they'd probably wake up beside the woman in the morning well before any trust had been developed anyway.  Just saying- no trust broken. 

What bugs me also is the fact that they are the ones that basically pointed out with their comment that these women are somehow 'flawed' in the before. None of the makeup artist went "look at how much better she looks with makeup." They are completely overlooking the artistry of the makeup being shown. And honestly, if you really think that I have sparkly eyelids and purple lips naturally then I think these trust issues are the least of your worries. 

"But...I thought you were a magical unicorn!"  Runs away in tears! 

"this is why men have trust issues"....more like i'm a man projecting my insecurities that actually have nothing to do with you but i'm going to make you think it's all your fault because you're a woman.

plus. humans can be horrible, regardless of gender. trust issues run deeper than makeup on a face. bless these poor baby children that think THAT is what trust issues are.

I love your way with words!  

Yup. Well said!

thank you guys for being so wonderful and supportive during my cryptic meltdown post a few days ago. i seriously love you and you helped me.

semi related but random beauty thought:

i can't wear pinks / corals when i'm not in a good headspace. i can't even entertain the idea. 

and this summer i wanted to get good use out of colors like: schiap, natalie, juliette, lodhi.......but i can't bring them near my lips. i'm actually a bit surprised by the emotional connotations of a shade. i mean, i've always known what motivates my color choices, but i guess i was still naive to just how deep that ran.

anyone else experience something like this ?

Definitely! When I am "in a mood," I can't do light or bright colors, as is pinks and corals. But what I crave is a brick red or berry lip. When I'm in my behind-kicking mood, I go for anything that's bright, doesn't matter the color. When I want to disappear (and this is very much a dichotomy), I want a very dark, goth lip. My color choices aren't necessarily affected by other people. But I have this one kinda funny story...

Back in the early days of my first college go-around, my best friend was a guy. Just an average, totally hetero guy. But we were only friends. One day I wore some bright, hot pink nail polish and he was salivating all over the place. He told me that was a real turn on for guys. I tended not to believe this and thought it was only a turn on for him. Who knows. But I still chuckle on the very rare occasion these days when I put on bright pink polish. I ALWAYS think of Eric!  🙂

All of the time.  For me it happens more with scents than with colors...but colors can have that impact too.  My mood absolutely affects my makeup choices. And I don't mean "I feel like wearing this color today" more like "this color reflects my mood".

So for example, I like red lips in summer.  Not every day but in general.  I live in a warmer climate so summer feels right (the weather actually reflects the "season").  I have a summer birthday and it's my favorite season.  Red is a strong and confident color...classic. I wear less other makeup.  So it makes sense in an odd way.

For scents it's all emotional.  I've actually had to throw scents away because they reminded me of a bad time.  The Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory perfume I'm so into right now reminds me of some lilac bushes my grandparents had when I was a child.  And lilac isn't even one of the notes in it!!!  

I also feel like makeup reflects our creativity and a part of us we don't necessarily tap into on a daily basis otherwise.  So touching that less conscious part can perhaps help us work through issues on a deeper level.

And, as I said below...sometimes the best support is from people who are removed from your daily life.  We all have those ups and downs!!!!

Hope all is well or getting better!

3 Replies
testing