Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Scents are huge for me. I have so many memories attached to scents, and not just perfumes/colognes. Food, nature, clothing, etc. all can invoke different memories in me. 

Mood also affects my colour choices deeply. 

And of course, BT is always here for you! ❤️

I totally agree with you about scents. I can not wear some of my old favorite scents because of terrible memories. The second I smell it it brings back all kinds of emotions. I'm sure one day I'll get over it or it won't bother me anymore.  I even have a shirt I won't wear because the day I wore it a really horrible thing happened and when I see it it reminds me of that day. Sad but true! 

And I was going to add..pinks and corals...are softer, lighter and more girly.  If you're going through something challenging you might instinctively gravitate to stronger colors.

Have you guys seen the 10 second makeup challenge? This is my new plan, starting tomorrow. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=J9dKnfuKIp8

Oh my gosh, that totally made me lol. 

Lol. 

Lol that was funny. I was like wth...WHOA lol. 

It takes me about 5 seconds just to open up my mascara...

That looked and sounded painful.

I need this in my life lol

I dropped my bottle of illuminator on the bathroom floor today.I nearly had a heart attack.  The plastic bottle cracked open a little bit near the pump, but not enough for product to gush out.  Relieved, I picked up the bottle and tried pump some out. Nothing would came out.  After several seconds of vigorously pressing the pump... I realized why I hate airless pump bottles. Air = No product for you EVER.     

It wouldn't squeeze out even after taping up the crack and pumping?  Get out some kitchen scissors and an empty container.  Don't let it go to waste!  😔sorry this happened. 

I went to town on the bottom of the bottle with a cork screw. I was able to fit a makeup brush in there to push the stopper up, and get all the makeup out. I transported it into another bottle. Nothing going to waste!

I received OCC NSFW lip tar in my Nordstrom GWP, bit of a pain to work with but I love the shade, I think I like lip tars now

Anonymous Insider

I hate it when I go to Sephora with non-makeup lovers. The whole time most of them complain about the prices or roll their eyes the whole time. Makeup is one of the things that makes me happy and they just have bad vibes. I just go shopping by myself or with makeup lovers now and it's so peaceful/fun. I was sick of all the judgmental comments of others (when they really shouldn't be saying anything since it's my money) so they can just call me for lunch and not to shop anymore.

tumblr_mhufjvRsGg1rfduvxo1_500.gif

(I'm here for the GIF, as my friend's name is Tiffany. This will be very useful.)

I know what you mean! I started going alone and I spend at least a half hour in Ulta almost everytime. It's just so relaxing to wander around, swatch some stuff and look at new releases WITHOUT someone rushing or judging you! Ulta and Sephora are my happy places and I will not let anyone ruin it!!! 

As for my one friend....I'm converting her 😉 She already said she wants to come over and try on my Mac Lipsticks and Contour Kit....scoreeeee!!! lol

Maybe give them a couple of your samples?  Worked on my friends.   Soon they'll be converted.  😂 eeeer, I mean, soon they'll see what you're on about. Cough cough coverted! 

I always get the "you said you were only getting one thing why is it taking so long?" well because I obviously have to go through every row, look at every brand and swatch multiple offerings before I'm sure I do in fact want what I came in here for....and maybe a few other things 

Ha, I just came in for one thing but look at all these colours!  So distracting!  

I couldn't agree more!! Every time I went shopping with non-makeup lovers, it would always stress me out, and I felt like I needed to rush! Lol I don't go shopping with them anymore, I either go by myself like you do or with my mom! It's so much more relaxing! 

Anonymous Insider

It's ridiculous because we go to places that they want to go to, but when I want to go to Sephora it's like I'm being selfish so it just ruins the experience for me. I'm patient when I go with them so they could at least spare me the impatient attitude. I actually went to Sephora yesterday with my Mom and I had to walk out because all she did was complain and make fun of the models for the brands. I couldn't deal with her ignorance and rude comments about people's makeup. Just because something isn't your style doesn't mean you have to be disrespectful. I felt so bad for one of the workers because my mom made fun of her eye makeup so loudly I think she heard it. I was mortified. I need a group of friends who're down to look around for hours at makeup.

testing