Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

So I purchased the Tarte 12 HR BB Primer and gushed about it, loved it, and now....I hate it. Does anybody ever do that? Go from loving something and then somehow it changes on you? I don't know if my skin changed or it's the weather or what but it isn't behaving nicely on me now. Ugh.

Happens to me all the time! I think it's becuase I buy it and I'm so excited about the purchase that I want to love it and ignore any imperfections. And then once the buying high wears off I realize it was just a normal product, not a HG. 

It happens. After going rounds with many complexion products I finally found PMD no foundation foundation serum which was not only a perfect match but also gave the type of coverage I wanted and never oxidized on me. Now I hate it more than any other product because one day all of a sudden I had an allergic reaction with it .Although I washed it immediately but it left rashes on my chin. Now I am left with some ugly marks and hyper pigmentation on my chin. I tried every kind of treatment but these marks do not budge.What now if I match foundation with rest of my face, my chin looks grey-ish and if I try to match my chin, rest of my face looks muddy 😞 so right now all I can use is Stila CC cream which helps to correct the color.

Yes!  It's not just you!  It could be the weather causing it to not do for you what it did for you in its initial days.

your skin could be reacting to the weather or your summer diet, causing you to produce more or less oil than you were.  

A short while ago I started wearing mascara regularly and I posted on here that I was looking for some.  I just realized just how many mascara minis I've acquired in a very short time.  It's kind of ridiculous!

Hahaha, Ikr it is mascara mascara everywhere 😄 

Yeah I think I'll never have to actually buy a mascara.

I painted my fingernails and toenails black today. This made me realize two things: 1) It has been a very long time since I last painted my nails black, and 2) I had forgotten how pleasing it is when my extremities match.

I ❤️ Pusheen!

Random - the dead skin scab on my face bite fell off today.  Phew!  I have some hyperpigmentation now, but I don't care about that.  I was just tired of the odd patch of skin and the texture.  I am 90% there.

Yay!

Ugh. I've been dealing with an awful giant growth on my face too. I am about 90% positive it started out as a spider bite which got infected. More than a week and two doctor's (one primary, one dermatologist) appointments, and three prescription medications later, no one has any clue what really caused it or made it so bad, but the antibiotic ointment helped the most and it's finally healing. I rarely never deal with this kind of thing, so I'm really annoyed and eager for it to be over and done with.

Gwen there seems to be an outbreak of face bugs for everybody on BT.

Must be the water.

Glad the antibiotic is working.  Mine lingered for almost a month. 

A month?! Oh, I'm so sorry. That sounds like a trial.

It was a doozy!  It's a good thing I have long dark hair that I wear down.  That helps hide stuff 🙂

I actually just bought the MUFE concealer with the help of Notcreative.  I thought I might need an industrial sterngth concealer for a business trip this week.  I guess I won't need it afterall. 

I do have a new zit growing though on my right cheek.  It would all been so symmetrical and cute.

Hah, hopefully you won't get a matching one!

I spent the whole time keeping the area clean and dry and then using the antibiotic ointment (which is thick and sticky and does not absorb, like the BITE Agave Lip Mask). I wore my hair half pulled back to keep it out of the ointment, and I didn't apply any makeup to the area. Thus, I was forced to wear it like a badge. I have watched a lot of eyes wander to it during my daily interactions. 😞

Too late.  I have an overachiever on my cheek right now.  I tried to keel it....but the little bugger escaped me.  My bug bite looked like I had been in a fist fight and won.

*First rule of fight club - we do not talk about fight club.*

i'm having a really difficult time in my personal life on multiple fronts. i'm really struggling.

this is related to beauty because i bought myself a lipstick-as-therapy. 

Anonymous Insider

I hear you. ❤️ Love, love, and more love, ladyface.

I think it's beauty related.

One of my favorite beauty stories is in Estee Lauder's biography.  She writes that when women are coming out of tough times they very often buy/start wearing lipstick.  She also says she would love to see women's eyes light up when she applied lipstick.  It's why the EL gifts always include a lipstick (to this day...they always do).  So I think lipstick is the right way to nurture yourself.

I recently also have had some tough personal things going on.  BT has been super helpful...sometimes we need support outside our daily lives.  Sometimes, people who aren't as emotionally involved, and in the moment, can be more supportive.  More objective, and also able to offer a distraction.

But makeup is nurturing.  Go for it!  Nars has that new limited edition red...

And I'll send good vibes and a hug your way too!!!

Sending good vibes your way *Hugs*

I'm so sorry to hear that, there are a lot of us on here that are always here for you when you need us. Even though we are strangers, sometimes its easier talking to people we don't know.

1 Reply
testing