Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Yes!  This is why I used tinted moisturizer.  I have never tried a foundation or BB Cream that didn't make every pore on my face stand out.

Yes.

I tried this foundation last week and it was so awful on me I had to wash it off within 2 hours.

Wow, you're patient.  I gave it two minutes.  Not even.  

LOL, I was trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I just couldn't.

I have oily/combo skin and I think this foundation is not ideal for that skin type.  My forehead looked like a pool of oil after less than an hour. 

The only foundation I've ever tried that was worse is that Clinique conceal+foundation one.

Mine is dry.  It likes dewiness.  What type is it for then? 

Come me to think of it, I didn't find it very moisturizing either. 

Thank you. You just saved me $39USD lol I have the exact same skin type, my face would look like I sprayed cooking spray on it lol I have the hardest time with foundation. Oily skin problems! 🙂

Dang, I was looking forward to trying this one.  If two people I trust dislike it, I will probably pass.

Want me to send you the remnants of my sample?  It's got a pump.

If it is that bad, it is not even worth what it would cost you to ship it.  Thanks for offering though.

Yeah, you're right, I was just trying to kill the curiousity.

Anonymous Insider

Just a shoutout to Angel7594 for sending me her Sephora pocket mirror after mine broke. I feel whole again!! And because she is a sweetheart she included a couple of makeup samples. INCLUDING MJ's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. I missed out on that mini and have regretted it because it looks awesome on EVERYONE. I'll probably be the exception that proves the rule. 

Thanks again, girl!! 

Aw that's really sweet. BT has shown me there really are such good hearted people out there! 💞

Yay!!!  i love people!  

Suddenly into the beige/grey/slightly purple lip.  Got Colored Raine Marshmallow and Soul, TF Stavros, that last MAC Rihanna....I like the look....anyone else?

Mostly using it only with a little black eyeliner and bronzer as blush.  Better way to wear the look?

Me too! I recently got Lunatick Lab's new Apocalipstick in Bruja (actually I got all three but that's irrelevent...) and Dark Matter Makeup's LipSaber in Boba Fettish. So much love. Makes me sad I suck at lipstick. 😞

Omg yes!  I adore Marshmallow and I just got Soul in!  I looove these kinds of shades right now!

I like muted lilac lips with a soft icy pink blush.  I'm not sure if that's quite the same as grey/taupy purple.   I don't necessarily believe there are 'better' ways to wear makeup- just different.  

It sounds like you've lightened up your look for summer though.  

I've been enjoying nude lips this last week, paired with nude eyes and a coloured eyeliner.  So basic that I haven't even bothered posting. 

I'm lightening up too....usually I do red lips for summer..but not this hear.  I'll try an icy pink blush!  Thanks!!

oh ! and i thought this would be a fun game: i wore marc jacobs j'adore lipstick today, very brown. lots of 90s trends are showing their head again, as we all know. BUT...what are some 90s trends you don't see coming back anytime soon ? (this would be particularly fun if in the next year we discover we're all wrong haha)

• thin rectangle sunglasses
  • square toed dress shoes
  • frosted pastel eyeshadows, particularly when mixed with warm orangey brown lipstick

Hypercolor! 

upload_8542191711067562985.jpg

Not my picture, but you better godd@mn believe I owned the jacket. 

upload_2478490938675860211.jpg

If I was posing with my man, there is no way the handprints would be on my stomach!

2 Replies
testing