Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Look everyone, we're at the spa 🙂 Not sure why our mommy is more excited than we are 😉

image.jpg

I need to do this so badly... I'll do a happy dance when all my brushes are clean!

I know right? I hate to wash my brushes 😉 It is time consuming and then you have to wait a day or so for them to dry. But after that, the fun begins 😉 I think I need to invest into a brush tree pretty soon

The benjemin brush trees are pricy but super convenient cause they break down and can be stored flat.  

Yesssss. I love mine, definitely going to get another one.

Yes, I'm eyeing on them. Do you have any that you recommend?

I have the sunflower ones cause I have tons of brushes.  I usually just use them for drying my brushes and just put them away afterwards cause they take up precious space.  

Thx you heart 🙂 I was eyeing on that one but then I just bought a set of original brush and mini brush tree couple min ago for $37.50. They have that deal on their website for a set for $49.95 and I found a code FLOWERS online to knock 25% off. I think this code is good for any of their brush tree but I don't know when it's going to expire.

awesome!  It's always nice to get what you need on sale!   Total win! 

Today I'm going to declare my love of lip gloss.  I've had it in my mind that I was getting too old for the stuff and need to move toward wearing lipstick instead.  I see so many comments online where people disparage gloss:  Too sticky, too young, too shiny, too sparkly, not enough pigment.  I'm not going to lie - it made me wonder if it was time to throw out my collection and start anew.

But when I put on the right gloss on it makes me happy.  I think that a little shine suits me well and I like the fact that a color that looks crazy in the tube almost always turns out to be wearable.  It may be sticky, but I love the fact that I can put some gloss on when I'm getting ready in the morning and 9 time out of 10 it's still there at lunchtime.  Who cares if my hair sticky to my lips for a second when I walk out on a breezy day?  It's nice not having to reapply lip balm constantly (I cannot stand the feeling of dry lips).  I like that I don't have to worry about it sinking into my lip lines or leaving a ring around my mouth when it has mostly worn off.  

Time to stop worrying about others' opinions and just enjoy it!

I think it's just a matter of finding the right lip glosses! If I've learned anything it's that lip glosses vary as any other beauty product. Sticky, smooth, shiny, satiny, thick, thin, tingly, glittery, frosty... Just have to find what suits you and own it! Literally and figuratively. 😄

This is true.  I bought a ton of Stila Lip Glazes back when I was a new Sephora shopper and ended up never using them.  I stayed away from gloss until I met Buxom and Marvelous Moxie glosses.  I use them almost every day.

I love buxom glosses for daytime but as evening hits I can't stand mintiness so I usually will use Mac glosses. 

It'll be easier once they are carried at Sephora, but I really like the Burberry Lip Glow lip glosses. Not too sticky, but just enough to feel like they have some staying power and lovely color range.

Now you've got me wanting to try them.

Just saw this new tool by beautyblender. It might be useful but the marketing team reeeallly needs to rethink that name 😕

Blot.PNG

Rolling my eyes here. 

I am am interested in the product itself though. 

I went out and 'enjoyed the sunshine' on the dock and even did a bit of swimming for the first time this year yesterday.  By enjoy I mean I slathered on sunscreen and sunbathed underneath a big towel.  

I've converted one friend to my sun fearing ways but it was complete mental agony watching my other friend roasting away sans sunscreen after educating her on the risks. 

I will preach sun saftey.  I will supply sunscreen and hats and scarves, but I guess that's as far as I'll willing to take it with another adults.  I still feel so guilty for not pushing her harder cause of what I had to go through last year with the M word. 

Thoughts?

Anonymous Insider

I too live by the sun-fearing ways. But my husband thinks I'm crazy and does not use much sunscreen. So I know what you're talking about. 

I think a lot of people have their buttons for various health-related issues and it's hard to see people we care about doing things to themselves that are harmful, especially when they don't really see it that way. 

I doubt that that there is anything else that you could have done to change your friend's mind. If you educated and offered sun protection then try not to feel guilty, at the end of the day their decisions are not your responsibility. Just keep telling yourself that and hopefully it will assuage your guilt. If she's not going to change her behaviors do what you can to not feel terrible about them and not let them eat at you.

The funny thing was that earlier that day she was asking me for advice on anti aging products.  Facepalm.  

testing