Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Beach Walk is available in a rollerball and it is often in the sample section. 

I am not sure Beach Walk needs to be price $125. It is a casual wear scent. I need more 'sophistication' at that price point.

Not that I would want to dissuade someone from buying the rollerball if that's what they want to do, but I think it's worth noting that the full-sized bottle is 3.4 oz.  I think that's pretty much spot-on price wise, or maybe $10 above average.  And as I wrote about below, the bottle gorgeous, unique and of high quality. 

I will admit it would be nice if they offered a smaller bottle.  I doubt I'll ever use mine up!

I am equally obsessed. I love this fragrance so, so much. But it fades on me very quickly. Anyone else have that issue? Its one of the few beachy scents that I actually like. I bought EL Bronze Goddess thinking I'd love it. It's just meh. It doesn't smell particularly beachy to me. I'm wearing it because I bought it, but I'm not loving it. I keep thinking it will start to smell better LOL! And Bobbi Brown Beach smells like bug spray on me. It's awful 😞

Huh, that's interesting, I will catch whiffs of it all day long on days I wear it. It doesn't cling to my skin though so I'm not sure where it's staying. Like some perfumes you sniff your wrist or whatever and you find it, I'm not sure where this one congregates but it definitely sticks around.

I also find Beach Walk to be very long-lasting.

It is a spectacular scent but I want it for my Glade plug-ins so I can smell it throughout the house! LOL!! I don't mind wearing it, although Bobbi Brown Beach is my fav to wear (in the beach scent category and it came as quite a surprise), but I really want a room/linen spray. I want to fall asleep to beachy dreams! 🙂 For the time being, I have many, many sample vials and I spray them on my sheets. Now if I could only find a way to make it work for the Glade plug-ins!!

Oh man, plug-ins would be awesome!

It isn't associated with any memories for me, but I was also surprised how much I like this fragrance.  There's something very special about it.:)

I don't know if you've had the chance to hold a Replica bottle in your hand, but if not you're in for a treat.  There is something about this bottle that feels so luxurious, and I love the way the mechanism feels in my hand when I spray the fragrance.  The design is simple yet perfect.  Makes me want to buy more of their scents just for the bottles.

I bet they look amazing on a vanity, too. 

Isn't it funny how things work sometimes?  Every time I post a picture where I'm wearing Mischevious by Formula X I always get questions about it.  I was just thinking the other day how it seems to be discontinued because it's no longer on the website and I was wondering if I could possibly find it in store.  Yesterday when I was in SJCP I randomly checked the clearance section and lo and behold I found it for $2.99!  I love when things like this happen 😄

I will be a bridesmaid in November and the biggest thing on my mind ever since we picked out our dresses is what lipstick I'll wear. I'm already mentally cataloging all my dark purples/wines/burgundies (the dress shade is called "sangria" if that gives a picture).

is the "sangria" of the dress more dark red or dark purple ? i think the obvious thing to do is match the dress, BUT what could be equally as beautiful would be to find something that is the same deep tone but different shade. so, if the dress is, say, a NARS train bleu, then go for something like a BESAME noir red ? could add a richness of color while still being coherent....

I vote for Tom Ford Violet Velvet 😉 

Does anyone else get this message sometimes?

Weird stuff.jpg

Like this happens and then for a couple hours I can't make any comments on BT.  Then randomly the problem goes away.  

yes, usually I hit the reply button again and it goes through. but lately I have just lost messages completely. so frustrating!!

I keep trying the reply button also but it doesn't help.  So annoying.  I usually end up giving up and trying again after a few hours.

I also keep getting an error message when I try to come to BT but then I hit where it says "link" and I am taken to BT. But now I have to do it every single time. Always get an unexpected error message. This just started yesterday, WTH?! But it only happens on IE, not on Safari. I don't get it. I didn't change anything to my Dell laptop. Oh well, at least I'm getting in!

I used to have a similar problem at work but I just type in community.sephora.com and since then I never have a problem.  That was also IE though.  At home and on my phone I use Chrome.

All the time!  

Or or worse yet is the message when you've written an essay long response in the PMs and they tell you your message doesn't exist.  

Yeah it's so annoying!

Yes, all the time especially when I'm ranting about something super long 😉

3 Replies
testing