Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

This sounds like my mother... was this my mother? lol. 

😂

Just one Hearts. The old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it". You've done everything you can. And hey, you converted one friend! 🙂

I had an awesome shopping experience at The Body Shop the other day.  I love the new Fuji Green Tea line, and they honored a birthday reward a day late even though I didn't ask them to.

That said, 2 random things that annoyed me:

1. They've had their Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet out for at least a year and it's still not part of the sales because it's "new".  ???

2. Apparently the new Virgin Mojito fragrance (that I found online and just HAVE to try; mojitos are my go-to drink) has some ingredient that prohibits it from being sold in California?  The SA said they're reformulating it but I kind of want to know what ingredient so I know whether I should care or just try to find it somewhere else!

LOL to Body Shop.  The Argan line is also excluded from sales, but the newer poppy line never was, and I recently saw it on sale.  I think the Green tea is also included in sales, which is also new.  It's insane and drives me nuts because I love the Argan body scrub!

I like the Nutriganics toner and serum, but it also has a mystery ingredient not allowed in california.  Last they told me it's discontinued 😞

When I watch videos of vloggers and they are letting their animals climb ALL over their makeup space.  It grosses me out and I judge them harshly (not like they care).  I'm not anti-animal, I have two fur babies, however they are ANIMALS, cats use litter boxes and it sticks to their fur and paws...forget it if they are allowed to roam outside...*shudders*

I look at all the brushes and beautiful makeup and it's disgusting to think of the feces dust and such all over those lovely items.

I imagine these same people grabbing those brushes and wiping that feces dust all over their faces and contaminating their products!

GROSS!

a36.jpg

Ugh, cats on tables and counters!  Shudders.  Our roomate had a cat who was allowed to do what she pleased cause he said she'd just do it while we were sleeping so what did it matter.  

I put an end to that with some aluminum foil and bubble wrap.  She never went on the counters again. 

My cats love both aluminum foil and bubble wrap. One foiled (heh) attempt at that method and my floor looked like they had tried to gild silver all over the downstairs. We have sssscats on all the kitchen counters now. 

I know we're talking about cats but I saw bubble wrap and had to post that my dog is terrified of it. When I get a package he tentatively watches me open it and if any comes out he runs and hides. If I pop it (who doesn't like to pop bubble wrap?) he barks like crazy.

Awwww, i wonder if he freaked himself out with it as a puppy.  

I had a roommate once who didn't understand why I wouldn't leave my toothbrush out when she got a cat.  Well gee, since you let the cat walk all over the counter while you're doing your hair...

This inspires a bit of a gag reflex in me.  I'm already squeemish about toothbrushes being left out in the open with all the toilet flushing in bathrooms and the...ahem...particles that go flying with every flush.  Our toothbrushes need to be covered or I will throw the heads out.  

I'm so paranoid I don't even keep my toothbrush in the bathroom lol I have this glass shelf thing in the corner of my room away from everything, and keep it plugged in to charge on that and just take it in the bathroom when I need to brush Smiley Embarassed

No just no!

I apologize ahead of time for the anti-Kardashian diatribe that is about to occur... 

I have been an avid Philosophy user for years. Hundreds of dollars spent trying work on cystic acne that I had as a teenager. I have, probably similarly to many of you with favorite product lines, told friends and colleagues how much I truly enjoy some of the products. Today Ms. Kris Jenner posted yet another box of Philosophy "goodies" on Instagram, with products that total $600 or more. I find it absolutely deplorable that skincare and makeup lines ... who claim to donate x percent to x cause still find the time to gift their products to celebrities like the Kardashians and wholly expect their customers to be understanding of these marketing ploys. As someone who regularly donates and volunteers at battered women's shelter .. I would absolutely LOVE to hear about these same companies who routinely donate products to shelters instead of people like the Kardashians - but alas, never happens. It may sound childish, but I will no longer be purchasing Philosophy because of this extreme reach for promotion.  

I know stuff like this messes with our head, but PLEASE keep in mind how much the Kardashians spend on beauty.

They are also customers. Now and before they were famous. If you buy enough from a company you will also get gifts and probably post them on your social media accounts. Same thing.

I was  going to post something like this on the other thread about 'Rouge shaming' and how someone can become Rouge in January.   I can see a household like the Kardashians making it in 1 or 2 shopping trips.

Not only because they are rich, but because they have 6 high maintenance girls in that household.

Anything a brand does is marketing.  Doesn't matter if they sent a box full of Philosophy to Wounded 

Warrior or to Kris Jenner's mansion!   It is business.  Buy what YOU like.

No! I am NOT a Klan fan! Lol

You think the Kardashians pay for beauty products? 

Plastic surgery, yes. Botox/injections, yes. Makeup artists/stylists, yes. But they're not exactly walking into Sephora and asking whether they will be able to use the 10% VIB code on their purchase or wondering why they weren't alerted about the Extraordinary Perks.

That said, the promotion that brands get by giving products to media wh0res starlets like the Kardashians only furthers brand exposure and associations which in turn sparks and embarrassingly large amount of mindless devoted followers to purchase those exact items.

I know my $$ doesn't make a hill of beans to these companies, but I'm actually LESS apt to purchase from a company who uses "celebs" I dislike.  I don't do "reality" TV and I can't stand this pimp and her stable of "ladies of the night".

You said it far more articulately than I was able to fumble my way through trying to not piss off any pro-Kardashian fans on BT. 

I am sure they do!  Paiute is already a loyal customer and fan.

Philosophy is generous with everyone.  Not just the Klan. Philosophy is right there with Clinique, EL and Lancôme when it comes to a nice weekly GWP.  

You did make me giggle, tho. The Klan and the Extranothing 

Perks!!! Ha!  It is all Kim's fault.

Sephora probably sent everything to their mansions and why we got nothing!  Lol!

About a year back, I heard the radio keeps rambling on about the Kardashian. I didn't know who they are. But  until now I still don't understand how they got famous and and so much airtime lol 🙂

4 Replies
testing