Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I'm older than you and it gets even uglier than you can imagine.  One of my daughter's good friend's mom is a dermatologist and she's had people die or get disfigured from skin cancer.  Still, I want to be tan...

Omg I hate this obsession with being tan!  Every year around this time any time I go to a dept store beauty counter they try selling me fake tanner.  Um, hello I'm already brown!  Sigh

They're trying to turn you orange...not tan!

Haha for reals!  Sometimes they're so pushy or ridiculous and I totally laugh in their face. I guess all my tact gets used up during work hours.

i've been wearing NO foundation this week to work, i just do my eyes and lipstick and contour my cheeks a bit but other than that, NO foundation, no concealer and i'm LOVING It. some acne scars show but they're not bad so they look like little freckles. i'm in love with my skin and i feel completely comfortable not wearing any foundation to work now, if i use it again to work it'll just be because i like putting it on. but yeah. skin. loving it. 

Going without foundation can feel so fresh and freeing! You should share pictures!

I'm right there with you, BW. I've been going foundation-less most days for about a month now, and I couldn't be happier with my skin.

I guess this counts as random: I wore blue-green lipstick to go to the mall and to run errands over the weekend.  People kept staring at me esp kids.  At the mall a lot of women asked me what lipstick it is because they really liked it.  When I posted a picture of me wearing it on my Instagram a lot of people said things about how they wish they had the guts to wear something that loud.  I guess I never think about it that way.  Of course, I'd never wear green lips to work because it's inappropriate but on my time off I wear whatever I like.  I never think about if I should.  All I think about is if I like it and if I will like the way I look while wearing it.  

Proud of you!

Thanks Megan! 😉

Also....I never knew NUDE skincare was founded by Bono's wife. 

Yes! When I first got introduced to the brand's history and read her name, I knew it sounded familiar.

IT IS???

I knew it's owned by LVMH, but, not the Bono's wife part.... small world.

No way!

2 Replies
testing