Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@JenniferOhJenny   I hate that word too! Sigh! I've also been careful who I buy from but I do have my favorite brands... I know you say it doesn't matter to them and 1 client won't make a difference but if a lot of people think like this it will have an impact. A lot of times we feel our voice doesn't get heard but when we all speak up together changes can happen. 🙂

I watched Marlena's video the other day and was quite shocked at the price per video and the threats, but wow seeing this IG post about being paid to ruin other companies is awful!!! Thanks for sharing this @veronika23. It's pretty sad how things have become 😞

@Guessgal  It is sad! I was really shocked by that too... and even more so now with the part about being paid to ruin a company.  You know greed is what drives all this crap. If companies wouldn't be so greedy there wouldn't be a problem.  I've been buying a lot of indie nail polish lately and these smaller brands have way more integrity than any other brands I've seen. Plus it feels as though they want to help each other out, not destroy the other brand. Competition is super important for the consumers... that's how the prices stay reasonable and competitive.

I got a sample of the Commodity Velvet which has such a sexy sounding description:

"A blend of roasted almond, rose petals and black amber evokes a feeling of pure indulgence when soft texture meets bare skin. Loved by both men and women, this fragrance is mysterious and elegant."

I've been wearing it all morning trying to figure out what the smell is and I just figure it out. Buttered popcorn. I smell like slightly floral, buttered popcorn. Possibly the least elegant smell on earth 🙂

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@MissPuff. That’s a great description of it. Commodity has great scents imo. My favorite is Book

Would that be jellybelly buttered popcorn flavor or movie theater buttered popcorn flavor?

Yeah, neither of them are all that elegant but that's what the dash of floral is supposed to accomplish! Everything is more elegant and arty with a dash of flowers, even buttered popcorn! 😉

@MissPuff 😂 Now it needs an ~*artistic*~ perfume commercial with a famous actor, perhaps slow-mo running through a wildflower field, smashing through a wall of roses, and falling into a giant tub of buttered popcorn. 

@WinglessOne Oh my god, that is SUCH a good visual!!! Gah, I wish I was good at photoshop! I'm picturing that absurdly good looking italian couple from the D&G Light Blue ads, but diving into a sea of popcorn instead....

2679C4425904A43119.gif

Oh my!  That's good to know, @MissPuff!

I like your description better @MissPuff!! 😄

🌸🍿

@MissPuff Haha that’s the funniest description! 🙂

/just got this sample too... runs off to test it/

😂

@RGbrown verdict?! 🙂 

@MissPuff

So, after not quite 3 hours, I'm not getting buttered popcorn. *However*, I can see how it could veer that way on some folks...I'm getting a hint of creaminess that could lean buttery, almost salted, but the popcorn itself is missing for me.

I'm getting a very very very lovely, lightly spiced woods scent, warm and rich while still being soft and...hmmm, intimate is the word that springs to mind.

All in all, it's a definite win for me. I'm guessing that's not true for you though 😛     

@RGbrown Oh that sounds sooooo good! See, I would 100% wear that 🙂 

The toasted/nutty note comes through very strong on me and I'm firmly in the buttered popcorn territory. My trainer asked what I was wearing during our session today because it was making him hungry (and not in a creeper sort of way, in a legit, I want a snack sort of way). Pass for me 🙂 

There are days...

Because great minds think alike😉.....I haven't found a reliable review of the new Fenty morrocan spice palette (as of now it will be in a Sephora store that's an hour away from me, so I won't be seeing it in person anytime soon) so I think I got the colors covered between the 2 new UD palettes beached & born to run. I use beached all the time. I love it.! The fenty reviews are to the extreme too. people either love it or hate it. So if anyone has it & the UD palettes, & are willing to compare or just want to share your thoughts. please let me know. Thank you!

I think it must be a minor law of nature that making weird faces in the mirror makes it easier to get mascara onto your bottom lashes properly.

🤨😜😯😲🙁🧐

Yet, I still manage to leave a smear. 😣 It's hopeless lo...

Yet, I still manage to leave a smear. 😣 It's hopeless lol. @fieldsofclover

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@fieldsofclover, yep? That’s how I remember my Mom! Can’t believe I ended up like her😊

Yep! I always do. Thank goodness I don’t film makeup tutorials because the faces I make are scary! 

6,152 Replies
testing