Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I love watching Dollar Tree haul videos but I never have had their luck lol. Also, I am slightly terrified of Dollar Tree makeup! 

On another random note, did you know that dumpster diving is a thing? I just watched a youtube video of a couple go dumpster diving at Ulta! I wouldn't have the stomach to do it personally but it was so entertaining to watch haha. 

Last week I was hooked on watching two girls Ulta dumpster Gauls on YouTube.  I happened upon one.  Two hours later I had watched them all.  It was so intriguing.  While I couldn't use anything from a dumpster, it sure as heck made me want to go check my local Ultas dumpster.  Ohh and I was even more surprised to find out there are Facebook groups for selling the stuff they find!!!

edit-  I just read Hearts reply below 🙂

😭😭😭😭. I couldn't stop watching those videos a few months back.  It was horrifying...like watching a train wreck.  And some of those girls SELL the stuff they find.  😭😭😭😭😭 

Oh yeah @heartsmyface I hope they disclose where they found this stuff lol

@Mcakes very interesting! Is it mostly makeup or is there alot of trash in there too? o_o

@mella900 they found tons of makeup! Some Anastasia Glow Kits and hair tools. I was impressed haha 

I am Definitely skeptical of dollar tree brand items. Have you seen the sunscreen pictures of kids who used the dollar tree sun block?! They all got chemical burns! So awful.

Omg.  That's awful!  

What really?! That's horrible. I think Jessica Alba's company had that same issue too. 

What?  The honest company stuff?  When was this?  Looking it up. 

Yes, those pictures are terrible 😞 I would be so devastated if a product did that to my child!

I went to the beach today. All I could think of was someone got really nice hair from being whipped around from all that wind and salt water and decided "Hey! I could mix saltwater and sell it, so people don't have to go to the beach to get this type of hair". 

My random thought as I was applying a face mask..

Instead of adding water to my cleanser to lather it on my face.. what if I added cleansing water? would that do a better job.. or just be a waste of product... ? hmmmm

Anonymous Insider

And second beauty related thought of the day:

I just realized, I haven't checked my PayPal in AGES because I've been so busy with work (and essentially ignoring all the Ebates/Coupon Cabin/etc. payments to my PayPal) and I had nearly $500 😄 😄 😄

Yay to paying off student loans faster LOL!

Buy more stuff!! Spend all the money!! Wheeeeeeeee!

Anonymous Insider

Not quite beauty related (but BT related!) and very random thought of the day...

Soooo this has probably been mentioned but the whole new hearts system drives me bonkers! I hate how there's no check mark now, the number of times I've hearted something to realize that I had already hearted it and now have to heart it again...

Today I realized if you hover, you can actually see whether you hearted it with the popup text! It's stupid how much this makes me happy...

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for discovering this. 

Although we can now tell from hovering, it doesn't diminish the fact that it makes us waste time hovering instead of allowing us a split second glance (if that) to see a checkmark.

Anonymous Insider

I know 😞 I was just happy that there was a temporary solution because I know the likelihood of Sephora listening regarding BT functions is non existent 😕

Thank you @Anonymous, 

This is news to me, and I think most of us have had this problem!  Thanks for sharing this solution! 🙂

does this work somehow for mobile users? Its been driving me crazy too and i have been hearting less 😞

No sadly. Because I use an iPad a lot and it doesn't work. only on a computer. Very annoying lol. I keep unhearting posts by accident forgetting I already did and then re heart it. 

6,152 Replies
testing