Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

France here I come lol!

I heard Sephora France has more frequent percent off coupons too. 

They do. They have a lot of 20% off coupons plus a great bday gift!

After growing my brows out for a few months (bad threading incident...) getting my brows waxed by my good ole trusted lady made me feel like a whole new person 😄 ! Funny how removing just a few hairs here and there and trimming them up a bit can make you feel so much more put together. 

Also, not beauty but BT related- I am clearing out my inbox/outbox and reading through all these messages is such an amazing journey through time! It was so nice re-reading messages from BTers who are no longer here/are as active. I miss these gals! It also reminded me of conversations I had with some of you ladies wayyy back in the day that made me chuckle. I was such a noob! Thank you for your encouragement to be more present in BT 💖

NYX really impressed me. I placed an order during their free shipping event(which is still going on) for a single $5 palette. Nothing special, or to indicate I was a great costumer or anything. Kinda dinky order really. Yet they not only sent the palette quickly and safely wrapped and secured in paper and bubble wrap, they also sent it in a beautiful little lace bag and threw in a free lipstick! The Earl Grey macron one. I know it's sale and an odd color, so they're probably just trying to get rid of stock, but I really appreciate them doing it in a way to make customers happy, even when it is a dinky little order. My respect for the company has grown immensely, particularly when combined with their generosity at beauty con. They have a new loyal customer and recommender. 

@Annalily11 I bought a of NYX lip products the last two weeks and was disappointed by the staying power of the butter glosses and high shine lip glosses.  Is it just me?  

I've never tried their glosses (not a fan of most high pigment glosses, I find they always look a little chunky), but I'll admit some of the lipsticks aren't my favorite formula when it comes to wear time, so it wouldn't surprise me if the glosses were similar. I also prefer larger gloss tubes than NYX because of the high reapplication rate of the product.

NYX is overall very good for it's price point(I find particularly with highlighting products), but they're still drug store, and don't preform across the board as well as most higher end brands(though there are exceptions).

That said, they have some great products and I really respect their costumer service. 

Yesterday I bought the ELF Beauty Shield spf 50 Primer and oh my god this is amazing so far!!

I of course planned to wear it as a primer, but it has a "universal" tint (yeah right) and when I put it on, it actually had enough coverage for me to use alone.  So that's all I have on today and I am not shiny in the least so far and my pores look quite smooth!  I am so impressed!!

I don't like full heavy coverage.  Just something light enough to even skin tone, blur pores and look put together- plus it has spf 50!!   I cannot even believe how happy I am with this product and it was $12.  I might stop in the store later and try to moisturizer version.

I'm in the middle of moving, and I'm taking my time since I'm just moving across town. So, while cleaning deep in my closet today, I came across this long forgotten Dior makeup bag filled with my learner's permit (from the early aughts), my first high end lipstick (Dior, which I rarely used because it was so special), and some glitter Gelly Roll pens.

IMG_5358.JPG

@txcatx - I had the exact same dior lipstick. Loved it soo much! Guerlain had a lot of beauties at that time too.. ah, the memories 🙂

I loved gelly roller pens 😍

What a fun buried treasure to discover @txcatx! I miss those Gelly Roll pens lol 😄 They were so pretty!

So I just got two orders in the same box again this week, which I like, but this time there are only two samples. Less than last time. One sample per order I guess...

I came across a genius woman in Sephora today. She was there with her two younger brothers (maybe 8 and 10?) and they had the same skin tone. She was doing swatches on their arms, not hers, so they're the ones that got covered in blue shadow and glitter! 😄

So I just got my two orders I placed last week, and they came in the same box! Hooray for less packaging! And while I got both promos I chose for the orders, I only got one set of 3 samples. So a total of 3 samples and not 6 as it should have been. Not a huge deal because there wasn't anything super interesting in the sample section. But I think I would be disappointed if that happened in the future and it was a really awesome sample I wanted to get. Just a thought...

That happened to me too!!! I AM glad they are combining orders to be more 'green' but we should still get the requested samples. Oh well. Could be worse.

I am totally having one of those days where I woke up extremely late. As a result, my look today is: absolutely no make up, hair in a pony, (blasted with dry shampoo),  and all black outfit. 

Mondays. 

What is your "I literally woke up like this and had zero time to get ready" go-to look?

@m26430 Black eyeliner on top lid, highlighter on brow and cheek bone, mascara, red lipstick. Done. 

Me too! Except the worst is when I actually plan on getting up the night before to get myself all prettied up and then come morning, I keep snoozing the alarm and all those plans go out of the window. I do attempt to put on at least a bit of makeup. Usually some quick foundation and concealer, light wash of cream shadow on my lids and some mascara. Then the lipstick goes on after I make it into work and have a cup of coffee 😉

Ah yes, I can relate to this! 😄

I usually try to put on some makeup regardless of time constraints, but I really shouldn't because it always ends up looking messy due to being in such a rush. 😛 Foundation (or tinted moisturizer), mascara, and brows are the least I will do.

My hair is probably what suffers the most when I'm in a rush. No time to wash it, I'll use dry shampoo if I have time, but either way it starts looking greasy by the end of the day. 

I have the Lancôme Teint Idole stick foundation and I've always really liked it but sometimes I think applying stick foundation is a little annoying. I'm not overly enthusiastic about using a Beauty Blender - mostly because by the time I decide which foundation I'm going to use I never want to get up and go to the bathroom to wet it. My dog sits on my lap while I get ready and I'm just lazy (not gonna lie). And using a brush to blend out stick foundation can be a little bit of a chore compared to liquid foundation. 

SO the other day I had the "revolutionary" idea of just using my - wait for it - HANDS! And it looked so good! And I got right up to the hairline so easily and around my nostrils and the heat of my fingers made it sink into my skin in such a gorgeous way it hadn't before. I've applied my with my hands a few more times since then and it really is the perfect way to use that foundation (for me).

I just thought it was funny that it literally never occurred to me to do this before. I own 100 brushes and 3 different beauty blenders, and it's my god-given little piggly wigglies that work best. 🙂

testing