Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Me thinks I left myself too many loopholes in my low buy for this month and next month. My rules?

-No clothes that are black or olive green (unless it's reeeeaaalllly cute)

-For every fun top one must be work environment appropriate.

Nothing else that isn't an experience (unless it's a can't miss deal!)

Needless to say with all the sales I really haven't stuck to my second rule, and while I stuck to my first rule (though my reward cart I have ready for the end of the month doesn't) I have bought no work appropriate and nothing picked out that is. So far I've bought two pairs of shorts, a crop top, 6 formula X nail polishes, a video game, and the Tarte Make Believe in Yourself palette. At least nothing was full price?

My friend just sent me this amazing Reductress story. Reductress is a satire site that focuses on women's issues, and it's always 100% hilarious.

Why My Children Will Not Inherit My Wealth of Sephora Points

"I’ve worked hard throughout my life to earn my Sephora points, and I feel proud they’re all mine and no one else’s. It takes a lot of self-discipline to order enough products over the course of 30 years that you save up enough points to buy out an entire store. And I want my children to learn that level of sacrifice and satisfaction the hard way. That’s why my children will not inherit my wealth of Sephora points.

"They need to learn that the world isn’t just a place where sample-sized mascaras get handed to you for free. They’re something you earn for free through buying so many other cosmetics you get rewarded with enough points to get other different smaller beauty products with even less product inside of them."

I highly suggest reading the whole thing:

Spoiler
http://reductress DOT COM /post/why-my-children-will-not-inherit-my-wealth-of-sephora-points/

What kind of world would this be if I let my child just inherit all my hard work and waste it away on bifacils makeup remover and bum bum cream! What type of mother would I be?!?!?!?!

LMAO! This made my day! Thanks @TKLJ

This is tooo perfect!!!!  

I texted the link to my daughter - she needs to understand the struggle - I mean, what kind of mother would I be if I let my kid grow up not realizing what a blessing it is to receive a one ounce bottle of Brazilian Bum Bum Cream "for no cost at all, except for the cost of $750 worth of Sephora goods purchased over the course of a year."

Dying!!!!!!

crying.gif

Stefon is king!!

Oh I love Reductress! There headlines and articles are always so on point!

Bwahahahaha

I'm a chronic product tester so I have few products that I've been using for years. You might have seen me blab about the Clinique Take the Day off for Lids, Lips and Lashes as the best makeup remover ever. No joke, there is nothing this stuff can't remove. This stuff has been in my routine for as long as I can remember.

I was very happy to see that Sephora now stocks at 200 mL/6.7 oz size! 😄 I've been buying the 125 mL bottle for years and years, and whenever I run out I'm always surprised that I need another one.

The bigger size also bumps the $/oz from $5.7/oz to under $5/oz. Love it when they make mega sizes of products I love!

@k617 Have you tried the balm version of this? It's pretty amazing! I have a good friend who works at a Clinique counter and she got me hooked on the liquid and balm version.

Yes @gonerogue! I've used a sample of the balm and I really liked it. It doesn't remove my mascara as well as the original 2-phase liquid though so I'd still need the 2 separate steps.

I'm currently using Sunday Riley Blue Moon as my first step in cleansing, have thought about trying to replace it with the Clinique balm after I'm done since it's much cheaper and just as effective (I have about 1 oz of the Blue Moon left). The Blue Moon does seem to make my skin more moisturized though so I'll have to decide if I really want to switch! 

Last week I had a hectic week with getting stuff done for my new job (yey!) and going to my current job in the afternoon/night so I was too exhausted to take my makeup off before I went to bed for about 4 out of the 5 days that I worked. When I woke up each morning, I washed my face in the shower with my normal cleanser but I also used ExfoliKate to exfoliate my skin (only used like 2 out of the 5 days) since I didn't do it the night prior and my skin this weekend was the nicest it has been in a while! I normally take my makeup off at night and use SR Luna and Good Genes but I am assuming that taking a break from my routine was what worked wonders for my skin? Anyway, I just wanted to share my findings to see if I am possibly overusing my SR products? I checked the website and it doesn't say you shouldn't use it daily but I think going forward I am going to just use them every other night and see how that works out. Any input is highly appreciated 🙂

I'm by no means an expert but I find that my skin prefers if I skip a day between Luna/GG treatments.  If I use it every day it's a bit too harsh for me.  Using them every other day is really the sweet spot for me!

ETA: Congrats on the new gig!

@michelleshops ok that was my suspicion I just wasn't sure! I will try my best to just everything every other day and see how that goes. So far my skin is happy and I'm happy to see it so nice! 😉

Congratulations on your new job @gonerogue!  

Not sure about over using your products, but I know my skin and hair respond positively if I take a break from my normal routine once in a while.  I need to swap my shampoo/conditioner every few days because if I use the same every single day, my hair gets dry and frizzy.  Same thing with my face cleanser.  I rotate what I use otherwise my skin gets dry.

@AMK721 Aw thanks! I didn't know hair could respond the same way. My hair definitely looks frizzier some days than others so maybe I should give this a try as well. This is why I love BT! You guys give the best advice 🙂

000.JPGYou know it's gonna be a good day when the liner matches on both eyes AND you jump in the car and hear your song is on LOL!

zombi.JPG

Although...

Spoiler
...the "eyeliner" part took a few tries  Heart

Women-illustrations-cecile-dormeau

Whoa, you know it's a good song when you just see the title and you start singing it and can remember all the words!!!! Ha, I didn't know I still had that song stashed away in my brain! 

That song ROCKS @ZombieMetroAnt !!  I love The Cranberries!

Good music on the way to work is always a bonus.

Score!!!! 😂😂😂

Hi lovely BTers - a few months ago I posted to this thread struggling with the thoughts I was having about time marching on, specifically across my face. Many of you wrote very kind and thoughtful responses, which meant a great deal to me. A couple of weeks ago I decided to get some light Dysport (it's like Botox but a different name and some slight differences) and filler in my smile lines.

I wanted to post about it here because 1. I'm not at all embarrassed to have had it done and 2. Answer questions any of you may have, should anyone else be considering having these procedures done. I'm happy to do so! 

I'll be online for a little while more tonight but of course I'm on BT all the time and will check the thread tomorrow too. Xo 🙂

1 Reply
testing