Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Send it my way ๐Ÿ˜„ ha ha jk. 

It's finals week but I may or may not be creating an excel spreadsheet of my makeup inventory right now...

I started doing this in the hopes to stop my spending, but I stopped halfway because I got scared of going through my makeup stash... It hasn't stopped the spending though ๐Ÿ˜›

I went to this Contour and highlight class at Sephora Yorkdale mall yesterday. It was actually really fun. The Sephora rep who conducted it and the other two helped her were very friendly and nice. We tried our hands on creating triangle of light and baking and it isn't as scary as it feels from YT videos. Lol Class was free but there was a gift bag for participants with a $25 purchase.

Since I wasn't wearing makeup and due to morning time and cool weather my skin wasn't oily so I got my Colour IQ checked just before the class started . It came up as 3Y08. During the class the rep colour matched me by swatching Bobbi Brown stick foundation on my face. It looked ok in Sephora light but when I came out of the store, it looked kind of muddy. I checked through Sephora colour IQ system and the shade they gave me to wear was for color IQ 3Y10 .I have this problem very often when a rep matches foundation for me. I think it is easier for them just to pick the darkest colour in your complexion range instead of trying to actually see what is the closest match in real.

They did suggest me to sign up for  "No makeup, makeup" class that I did but I am thinking to take my own tinted moisturizer for that class instead of relying on them to match me. Other than this color match mess, the class was really fun. 

Here is the goodie bag in spoiler which I think is a nice one for $25 buy in.

Spoiler
IMG_6523.JPG

@fatimamummy Cool! I'm going to a "Correct & Conceal: Dark Circles" classes next week. ๐Ÿ™‚ I took a handful of classes at Sephora a few years ago and didn't find them terribly helpful but I figure it's been a while and I should give them another shot! I'm glad yours was fun and you enjoyed it. That looks like a nice goody bad too. 

Is it considered an addiction when your 4yr old knows that you are obsessed with all things beauty? lol.. My husband asked for hints what I would like for mothers day and my birthday later this month and before I could reply my kiddo says "uh daddy, lipstick ofcourse!" ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‚ She continued to describe the "black and white stripey and so busy makeup" place to him. 

Last week she made her first very proud Sephora purchase of a pastel pink formula x nail polish on sale, at cash she says to me "thats a good deal right?". lmao.  

Awwwww OMG that is just so adorable!!!! ๐Ÿ˜„

Hahaha that's so cute. Girls are blessing, they always know what Mom wants ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh my gosh!!! This is too darling!!!!

It's nice to know you've got such an observant girl who can help her daddy pick up exactly what mommy wants! ^_^

And how funny that she can already spot a bargain with the sale polish! 

That is too cute ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ‘ฏ

That's adorable!  I bet she's gonna be one of those super kids who can do makeup better than most adults if she continues on this path๐Ÿ˜‚

omg lolll now there's a scary thought ๐Ÿ˜‚

The scary thought is she's got all your makeup to practice with;). 

I'm getting worried about my own makeup.  I must find a way to keep it safe from curious little fingers in the next couple months.    

@heartsmyfaceIf that does happen, I am gonna need a picture of that:)

@Babypeachist Are you requesting makeup dooms day pictures or higher up reorganization pics?  ๐Ÿ˜‚  I guess whichever comes first...๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Some of the prices in my love list have gone crazy. Too bad they jump back to the actual price when I add them to the basket. I would have ordered atleast 10 of each otherwise. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_6536.JPG

OMG....I would have gone nuts if those sale prices stuck!

Right, I would stock up the YTTP moisturizer for a couple of years ๐Ÿ˜

AHHh, this always seems to happen when they add a bunch of stuff to the sale section.  Off to check it out! 

Wohhh!! Crazy!!!!!  I would have bought a bunch of stuff too ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

it is still astonishing to me--ASTONISHING--just how much better my skin looks the day after my period ends. night and day.

4 Replies
testing