Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Yep!  All grown up and ready to parlay! 

I just wanna squeeze his cheeks!

@heartsmyface - is this your little one? What a cutie!!! 😄

Bird poop facial. 

Whyyyy?!😫

I got a bird poop hair mask a few years ago that was very much not appreciated. My sympathies!!! Hope you managed to scrub the awfulness away. I felt gross for days. 

I have used birds nest mask but I think I draw the line at bird poop.

Hey, my car gets that all the time for free! 😉 .... 😞

OMG! True story!!  @NarNarNars

This happened to me inadvertently last year in San Diego. On my nose. Thanks, bird.

@LolliLove yay, free facial!!! 

My first thought was "no thanks"

My second thought was "what's the scientific claim?"

My third thought was "who's job is it to harvest the bird poop?"

@LolliLove @lylysa@heartsmyface @ZombieMetroAnt 

Apparently it's a huge thing in NYC. $180 for one facial! The doody is imported from Japan in powder form. I read an article about it on theDailyBeast. 

Powdered poop.😂

Of course it's expensive!  They have to appeal to a niche market of eccentric people! 

Edit- okay, I just read up on it. Apparently there's an enzyme in nightingale poop that acts as an exfoliater.  Yeah, not interested.  It would have to do something spectacular in order for me to consider it.  Pineapples also have an exfoliating enzyme and I actually enjoy those! 

Job posting:

Qualifications---

1. Must LOVE birds

2. Have a strong stomach

3. Doesn't mind tackling a lot of shiz while on the job

Job title: Professional Poop Powderer

I think this would've been a real trade (maybe not that exact title) in Victorian times, no? They used to use powdered dog poop to create a whiter complexion.

tumblr_inline_n31u4jyp2B1s955a9.gif

@StephaniLynn I have no words.

it's warm out, but i'm wearing a jacket every day because i have a tattoo healing and it's gross looking. but, good thing about jackets: instant cargo, no purse necessary. went to a movie tonight and put my cards, keys, and lip pencil--which i'd bought during the sale--into my pockets. easy peasy.

....except it seems (even though i thought i was zipped up) my lip pencil fell out in the theater. the one i just got less than a week ago. 

i just reordered a new one, and despite not having it now, ya better believe it's in my monthly favorites (which i intend to post tomorrow)

Monthly favorites!! I need to make my list!

I keep everything in my pockets these days--since carrying my laptop around in a backpack for school again I no longer want to use a purse often when I am backpack-free--so I feel your pain. Sorry about your lip pencil loss!

@Gwenhwyfar i always go through efforts to go bagless, but then summer comes along and i can't wear jackets, then i go back to the bag....and it's a vicious cycle ! 

@jemly I'm a backpack lover cause I hate carrying a purse.  If I can get away with it I'll make my hubs carry my stuff but he's not always willing:). 

This is why I carry a purse anyway, I'm too paranoid about losing my makeup! I once put a KVD liquid lipstick in my back pocket and was touching my butt all night to make sure it was still there hahaha

12 Replies
testing