Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Do you guys ever impulse buy something and as you're driving home, start panicking that you're going to hate it?

Me and the Bite Love Bite set.

I'm super glad to report how wrong I was. I bought it Thursday and have worn them every day since. Every shade is a winner!

I hate the hassle of returns but I've also definitely bought from Sephora solely because I know if I hate it, back it goes. And yet I've actually only made 3 returns haha. This is a good system you have going, Sephora!

I just looked through my old Makeup Alley reviews and they dated back to 2008. I was sure that Neutrogena Pore Cleanser would be my forever and ever cleanser. It was a fun stroll down memory lane. I didn't like Benefit then except for their cream eyeshadows and my opinion stands! 🙂

I have noticed the Too faced cocoa powder foundation display has been removed from all my local sephoras, am I out of the loop on this and is this being discontinued? I finally decided to give it a try ..online was out of my shade when I click on it doesn't take me to the product page for email notifications just the standard sorry this product is no longer available.

The employees didn't know anything and one suggested it probably doesn't sell well so they made room for other stuff 🙄

I feel like I am in a major rut with regards to my makeup, hair, entire look...i am just totally bored and don't know how what to do instead! I've been out of school for a few years and working full time in a field where I am usually the youngest person in the room and I've tried to cultivate a fresh but professional look but I'm so friggen bored! It really hit me last week when I went to get dressed to go out for dinner on a Saturday and I had virtually nothing to wear that wasn't something I would wear to the office ie nothing that showed a little skin or was fun, and then i kind of went on auto pilot with my makeup and just ended up looking the same as i do everyday. i need a change 😞 

Time to go shopping! Sorry your feeling that way. 

I have the same problem, makeup wise. I have to look very conservative (ie neutral colours only) for work. I get bored of my work look constantly doing the same thing 5 days in a row. Try starting small, adding one or two glittery/glows items to your collection, or try a nice pop of colour for eyeshadow, or add a bold lip when you go out.

It makes getting ready to go out so much more exciting!

Highly recommend the Stila metals liquid eyeshadows, you can keep your base basically the same and add these on top of a neutral eye look. Also Marc Jacobs matte highliner in a fun colour on the lower water line.

Maybe this will help, have fun! 

@underwhelmed11

Wasn't sure exactly where to put this but I hit the teeniest amount of pan today in this D&G blush that I've been using for contour for the past 3? 4? years. Always an exciting achievement. 

IMG_3275.JPG

I just had the best eye liner experience ever - it's a sign that today is a good day! Hallelujah!

My liner started thick and stubby, but then I took some makeup remover on a Q-tip to thin it. The result was a wing thinner and longer than I'm used too. Normally, I feel self-conscious when my wings aren't the usual baby wings, but this was so much better. The shape wasn't ruined by my hooded lids and gave me the cat eye I've always dreamed of. I will attempt to get my liner like this again, wish me luck!

Spoiler
Apr20-Good-Liner.jpg

Omg this wing is so cute!

@Melissa136 wowza!! This is my goal everyday - never thought it was possible to achieve the perfect wing but you certainly did!  Great job...

@ZombieMetroAnt Haha, thank you so much! I'm not sure if I can do this again, but here's to hoping *clinks glass*

It's a perfect wing @Melissa136  I have to agree with Jozkid. Your brows look as perfect as your wing!

Thank you @fatimamummy!!! Heart It was a good makeup day overall!

And may I add @Melissa136, your brow game is totally on as well. Banner day all the way around!

Thank you @jozkid. It was a good day, makeup-wise!

It looks gorgeous and it frames your eye beautifully!

Thank you @lylysa! To me eye liner is like brows, the wrong shape can totally ruin the day

I was just browsing through the brands list because I need to make a return and was trying to decide if I want to exchange, get something new or just get my money back so I was looking for a little inspiration. I clicked on the Elizabeth & James page and had the thought that I really wish they'd branch out to makeup. I love their aesthetic so much, I'd be really intrigued by a cosmetics line from them. 

It's a minor miracle! I bought something at a SiJCP and for some reason the SA thought I'd requalified as Rouge (I hadn't—I *maybe* requalified as VIB). I tried to explain, but then she was calling her manager over to get me the gift, and the manager was looking at the computer screen and confirming I was Rouge, and it was just easier for them to give me the brush and the tote bag. 😄

This is the second time I've gotten a bonus Rouge gift. The year that it was a mini MJ lipstick, I made an online order and selected the gift, but I must have gone to a store that same day, because the SA gave me another lipstick. I didn't notice it until I got home. Heart

Wow, what an experience! That SiJCP and its staff sound like keepers haha 😉

Something must be messed up in Sephora's computer system, because BT is now showing me as Rouge (but when I check my status on the rest of Sephora's site, I'm VIB, which is my actual status). Oh, Sephora! Why does your website get worse and worse?

testing