Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Yay!  You lucked out!  I love the rouge gift this year. 🙂 

All i can say is "ENJOY!" 🙂

I'm sure there's a thread about discontinued products, but this is as random a beauty thought as any: I really miss when Nars gloss came in a pot. I used to buy Eros and Chelsea Girl and I know the current wand is more hygienic (and carrying a lip brush is a pain), but I really like little containers. I also assume it's reformulated.

@kathmb I feel the pain of this so hard, it seems like all my fav products get discontinued 😞 or reformulated into something I like a lot less than the original. 

@kovalevka I miss these too! 

I found a few different shades at TjMaxx a while back.  

apparently a self imposed and relatively successful months long low-buy means FEELING LIKE A KID ON XMAS EVE the day before my orders are due to arrive. wheeeeeee. i mostly just repurchased necessities, but i'm legit excited for this much needed refresh !

congrats on your successful low-buy and on your new treasures coming @jemly

I got impatient and placed my order before my turn in the membership sale. But now I can access it a day earlier and apparently I get a 10% off voucher. Sometimes I think Sephora wants my soul. Sometimes I think I'm just bad with money. ☹️

(Is it just me, or is the button for nested quotes a smiley face covered with its own thumbs-up. . . ?)

Heads up, I think it says you have to call customer service if you just became VIB, otherwise it might not allow you to access the VIB sale.

Thanks! I got the code with the welcome email, I think, but I've shopped myself out for awhile. I added my Sephora purchases from the last two months pre-tax and it came to $400. 😧 I suspect this is not that noteworthy with all the Rougers.

How can I open this bottle of beauty Elixir without breaking it? The spray doesn't work and instead the products leaks from the sides of the spray novel. I want to transfer it in another spray bottle but can't figure out how to open the top 😏

IMG_6329.JPG

Omg. I got few Caudalie sprays but I didn't use it yet. Thank you for your mention, I have to look into this. Hopefully the spray is working.

You could try contacting Caudalie CS directly and see if they will replace it. This same thing happened to me and they were very accommodating.

@maunet  I  got this elixir in one of the Sephora Favourite sets around a yr ago but came around using it just now. In this case I am not sure if it is fair to contact Caudalie and ask for replacement. 

I would still reach out to them, they are super great! And way better than cutting yourself on broken glass (at least the way my accident prone self would likely end up getting it open) 

Thank you @themusefactory I'll keep this option in mind as a last resort 🙂

If you slide the plastic bit that the spray comes out of off of the little stem it sits on, you might be able to rinse it and see if something was gumming it up and obstructing the spray. You can also press down on the stem directly to make sure liquid still comes out of it. Then just pop the plastic bit back on once it's clean.

I tried this tip @purly but I still can't make liquid come out of the plastic tube, it still seeps from the bottom of the nozzle.

@fatimamummy you can try taking some pliers and try to unbend?

@StephaniLynn I thought about it but I am afraid I'll break the glass bottle.

My first ever Selfridges order just shipped. Yayyy!

testing