RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

[ Edited ]

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

It looks gorgeous and it frames your eye beautifully!

Thank you @lylysa! To me eye liner is like brows, the wrong shape can totally ruin the day

I was just browsing through the brands list because I need to make a return and was trying to decide if I want to exchange, get something new or just get my money back so I was looking for a little inspiration. I clicked on the Elizabeth & James page and had the thought that I really wish they'd branch out to makeup. I love their aesthetic so much, I'd be really intrigued by a cosmetics line from them. 

It's a minor miracle! I bought something at a SiJCP and for some reason the SA thought I'd requalified as Rouge (I hadn't—I *maybe* requalified as VIB). I tried to explain, but then she was calling her manager over to get me the gift, and the manager was looking at the computer screen and confirming I was Rouge, and it was just easier for them to give me the brush and the tote bag. Smiley Very Happy

This is the second time I've gotten a bonus Rouge gift. The year that it was a mini MJ lipstick, I made an online order and selected the gift, but I must have gone to a store that same day, because the SA gave me another lipstick. I didn't notice it until I got home. Heart

Wow, what an experience! That SiJCP and its staff sound like keepers haha Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]

Something must be messed up in Sephora's computer system, because BT is now showing me as Rouge (but when I check my status on the rest of Sephora's site, I'm VIB, which is my actual status). Oh, Sephora! Why does your website get worse and worse?

Yay!  You lucked out!  I love the rouge gift this year. Smiley Happy 

All i can say is "ENJOY!" Smiley Happy

I'm sure there's a thread about discontinued products, but this is as random a beauty thought as any: I really miss when Nars gloss came in a pot. I used to buy Eros and Chelsea Girl and I know the current wand is more hygienic (and carrying a lip brush is a pain), but I really like little containers. I also assume it's reformulated.

(0) Hearts

@kathmb I feel the pain of this so hard, it seems like all my fav products get discontinued Smiley Sad or reformulated into something I like a lot less than the original. 

(0) Hearts

@kovalevka I miss these too! 

I found a few different shades at TjMaxx a while back.  

apparently a self imposed and relatively successful months long low-buy means FEELING LIKE A KID ON XMAS EVE the day before my orders are due to arrive. wheeeeeee. i mostly just repurchased necessities, but i'm legit excited for this much needed refresh !

congrats on your successful low-buy and on your new treasures coming @jemly

I got impatient and placed my order before my turn in the membership sale. But now I can access it a day earlier and apparently I get a 10% off voucher. Sometimes I think Sephora wants my soul. Sometimes I think I'm just bad with money. ☹️

(Is it just me, or is the button for nested quotes a smiley face covered with its own thumbs-up. . . ?)

(0) Hearts

Heads up, I think it says you have to call customer service if you just became VIB, otherwise it might not allow you to access the VIB sale.

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I got the code with the welcome email, I think, but I've shopped myself out for awhile. I added my Sephora purchases from the last two months pre-tax and it came to $400. 😧 I suspect this is not that noteworthy with all the Rougers.

How can I open this bottle of beauty Elixir without breaking it? The spray doesn't work and instead the products leaks from the sides of the spray novel. I want to transfer it in another spray bottle but can't figure out how to open the top 😏

IMG_6329.JPG

(0) Hearts
Omg. I got few Caudalie sprays but I didn't use it yet. Thank you for your mention, I have to look into this. Hopefully the spray is working.

You could try contacting Caudalie CS directly and see if they will replace it. This same thing happened to me and they were very accommodating.

(0) Hearts

@maunet  I  got this elixir in one of the Sephora Favourite sets around a yr ago but came around using it just now. In this case I am not sure if it is fair to contact Caudalie and ask for replacement. 

I would still reach out to them, they are super great! And way better than cutting yourself on broken glass (at least the way my accident prone self would likely end up getting it open)