Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Did y'all see the Racked story about BT yet?

A little shocked that it's now the title article and topic of an Allure Beauty Blast email. It totally caught my eye like...really?

My second thought was "oh no trolls".

I just came to post this!  I'm shocked that it was on Allure's email.  And definitely nervous about the increased attention it is getting.  ๐Ÿ˜ž

i thought it was incredibly thorough and thoughtful. i understand it making some of us uncomfortable because the a. idea of being scrutinized is a bit frightening and b. the risks that come with exposing our bubble to an even wider audience. but heck, if we're gonna be written about, this is how we want it to happen and we should be honored by the content of the article itself !!!

I liked the article and think they captured the spirit of BT. This has been my favorite and most encouraging place on the web for a long time. But I will admit that a little part of me loves that it's "our" place and I'm afraid of it being bombarded by the very same negative trolls they mentioned in the article. (But I always welcome new awesome members here!) So I guess time will tell.

Where is it posted @txcatx ?

@fatimamummy - I'll PM you the link. 

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š @ZombieMetroAnt

Just read it! Great article! proud to be apart of this wonderful place โค๏ธ

just one thing...she seemed to think the mods rarely interact and that isn't really the case. Our mods interact a lot. I often view them as one of us and as a very positive part of the BT community.

Thank you for posting! @txcatx

I agree. I really like the mods here and think of them as regulars. Sometimes they're put in some uncomfortable positions but I think they overall they do a do a great job.

Hey!!!! Nice to see you @PaletteAddict99!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you @veronika23 ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for all your ongoing informative and supportive posts you are truly amazing โค๏ธ you are a huge part of making BT such a wonderful place!

@PaletteAddict99aw thanks! It's nice to see you posting Heart

This makes me very uncomfortable. 

Yeah. I'm not overly thrilled with it either. 

Same as well. 

Same here.

ditto... and I'll leave it at that.

What is wrong?

Just makes me uncomfortable like she said and don't really want to go into details.

At first I didn't understand why in the world anyone would want to write about BT, but after reading the article, I quite enjoyed it...it's like an article of self-reflection! The tone is very positive, and really showcases what a great community BT is!

testing