Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Order.jpg

... Sephora we need to invest in a larger variety of boxes and better shipping practices overall. The amount paper packed into the box weighs more than the product alone. 

The only retailer that is more wasteful than Sephora is The Bay. Yesterday my GWP arrived separately from my order in a HUGE box maybe 4x bigger than this Sephora box. For a moment I thought maybe I ordered something under the effect of medication that I don't remember. SMH

OMG!  Nordstrom is notorious for doing this!  What a waste!  😞😞😞

LOL at least they put paper in the box!

I think many of us have gotten beauty orders from The Bay where they ship ONE thing in a huge box, and no paper.

Just recently, they split up my order of the Burberry silk and bloom blush which came with a primer sample. Well, the primer sample came from a different location than the blush (warehouse), and they shipped it in one box that I probably could've fit my cat in. No paper.

Surprisingly, the blush shipped from the store so it arrived in a palm sized box, and the blush was wrapped in a single sheet of packing paper which fit snugly inside. Sensible.

That's true, I should be happy they added paper at all for some protection.

Also that is ridiculous @k617

@k617 Something like this recently happened to me too. I got a sample of a kiehl's moisturizer. They sent it in a box so big I could have fit a large baking sheet in it. The thing I actually bought got cancelled, LOL. I don't know how anyone packs these boxes and thinks "yes, this is reasonable."

@Asche that's terrible! And I actually had a pang of worry when they told me that my primer sample shipped but not the blush--I thought maybe they'd cancel the blush.

They need to sort their shipping logistics out!

LMAO wow @Asche!  It can't be THAT hard to stock a variety of boxes for shipping.  Especially if the company sells items that range in size/weight/etc.

Happiness is....having everything aligned!  

(e.g: when the time on your cell phone coincides with the number of hearts you have!

123456789.JPG

123456.jpg

<happy sigh>

Image result for sally nightmare before christmas gif

That is super cool!  I love stuff like that, too!  ❤️  @ZombieMetroAnt

awesome! And I love your wallpaper 😄

Wow that's pretty cool! You should go play the lotto @ZombieMetroAnt 😄

Such a cute background on your phone @ZombieMetroAnt 😄 Loving your current number but I'm sorry I think I just ruined it by giving you another heart lol. At least you had it screenshot 😉

LOL @Mcakes Heart

Spoiler
You're so funny!  The screenshots will help me when I'm stressing out.  
Yes, I'm 100% weird like that 00000.JPG

Aww @ZombieMetroAnt don't be stressed out 💖💖💖

I'm 10 days foundation free and I'm loving it so far!! I've already started thinking about what single bottle of foundation to keep, and which ones to potentially trade/give away. 

Of course, this is all because my skin is cooperating so far. Not really sure if this will change while I'm dealing with a large breakout (which, when I breakout, they're usually large). 

Fingers crossed!

See... I jinxed it 😄 Today I got a nice little pimple on my cheek. Thanks, skin!

Anyway, I wanted to add why I love going foundation-free:

• I don't need to worry about rubbing off foundation if I need to relieve an itch somewhere on my face
  • I no longer leave a nice slightly tinted oil stain on the sanitary sheet covering my chiropractor's table where I rest my head and face
  • I can walk around during the day with an acne treatment as the only layer (rather than wearing under makeup) which gives me peace of mind I'm not introducing further bacteria to the area
  • I no longer get that disgusting ring around my mouth where my foundation has worn off slightly after eating something really greasy
  • I can finally wear sunglasses without having the nosepiece leave an unsightly mark

Now, there are cons...

• I feel more exposed, and my skin is showing natural imperfections, freckles, and beauty marks. I'm getting used to it though
  • I feel like my blush doesn't last quite as long without the foundation underneath. Same with concealer.
  • I worry it'll only take one bad breakout for me to go right back to wearing foundation daily again

lots of random thoughts !

1. E&J nirvana bourbon smells like whatever it was i wore my first semester of college in NYC. well over a decade ago. it's driving me crazy, both for the pure nostalgia rush, as well as i'm not sure what i wore. i THINK it was maybe the original 'omnia' by bvlgari (shamefully discontinued, and a forever favorite of mine, though it's only a distant memory, clearly). but all i had of that fragrance was a tiny deluxe sample. could i have used it enough to have had such a strong nostalgia bread crumb ? plus, none of the notes are the same (though i know they're similar in vibe). i can't remember what else it could've been ! i think i maybe had an aveda fragrance or body spray then too, maybe ? see....it's driving me bonkers !

2. speaking of nostalgia and things past: i've lately been missing NARS sheer matte foundation. it was the first NARS foundation i ever had, and i remember feeling so glamorous and flawless when i wore it. i remember i eventually moved on to sheer glow because my skin was starting to look a bit dried out by it; but these days (this was years ago) i know so much more about skincare that i think i could've balanced that out. i'm not ever THAT into matte foundations, but i like to have one for when the mood strikes. and no other brand has a shade that works as well for me as 'siberia'.............

3. WHY DOES SEPHORA NOT SELL THE NARS PUMP that goes with the sheer glow foundation ?!

Have you tried NARS' all day luminous weightless foundation?  I too was a fan of their sheer matte, but I switched to this formula and with a finishing powder the formula works fairly well for me.  

hi @kariyava ! yes i have ADLWF. i love it, i often tell people i think it's the best foundation there is, but the schtick is it has a bit of a learning curve to use, and i find i go back to my old ways and want a foundation that can be applied a bit more traditionally (for lack of a better word). i really can't explain it. i love my all day luminous, though.

LOVE.

i wouldn't recommend watching all the videos of linda rodin--she kind of says the same exact thing in all of them (and manages to make literally everything about herself). BUT....gah i love this video. i think it shows just the power and magic of lipstick.

testing