Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@sabrinas

I do this all the time! 

I have teeny spatulas for transfering product, oral syringes, liquid droppers, etc. all for putting my samples into "better" (for me) containers

I buy the airless pump bottles from ebay for when I want to put my creams in a travel-safe container.

I also buy tiny tester-sized lipgloss bottles to put my custom-mixed liquid lipsticks, cause I get bored like that.

Finally, I also buy tiny DIY lipstick palettes, again for putting my custom-mixed lipsticks and taking them on the go. 

OH I also refill cleaned-out foundation cushion compacts and blend my own mix of foundation/sunscreen/whatever I feel that day. 

I have a Tatcha serum deluxe sized bottle that I keep cleaning and refilling with samples, I like the way it looks too much to get rid of it. 

how i feel when i am "creating"

Spoiler
Just a little more RED....
Madscientistcropped.gif 

@Insomniacmuffin 

Can you please let me know where you get your DIY lipstick palettes? I'm looking to depot some of my lipsticks that is down to the last little bit. Can't let any of that go to waste😅

Had a dream last night @meganlisa and @veronika23 went shopping at the local mall and then held a meet and greet inside Macy's Furniture. I fangirl'd. 

Btw, Megan bought a VHS player and V bought this baby blue bed sheet and said she'd wear it as a poncho. I know they bought other things because I saw the mountain of bags, but those were the items we discussed.  (why????)

If this was a real thing, I'd still totally go and I'd still totally fangirl. 

I have no idea what to blame this dream on. 

@shimmerbait  lol 😄 sounds like fun!!!

Although I don't remember my makeup/bt dream I had one this week so you aren't alone in having them 😉

@shimmerbait What fun that would be!!!  And now I want to know what was in my bags.  Maybe I'll dream about it tonight.

Having a meet and great with BTers would be ideal.  I'd love to meet you and so many others.  BT does become a little like family, without the expectations.

Odd it was Macys...hm....

VHS player and bedsheets.  Awesome!  My dream analyzer (crazy brain) Immediately thought Netflix and Chill-as if in cold enough to need a poncho, trying to interpret that one.  😅 

This is what happens when you fall asleep while BTing

@shimmerbait Lol!! I always have dreams about this forum and the people on it however I never know who specifically is in it because you all end up looking like random figures in my dream (i can tell youre female but no distinguishing features). Ive had sephora meet up dreams or just random ones where id see some of you at parties lol

I feel like the only person on the planet who dislikes Juvia's Place Saharan. It's way, way too much effort for me, which is bonkers because 1. The finger swatches look insanely good and 2. The masquerade IS insanely good. But I hate the Saharan. It's awful imo. And I haven't found even one person who has had this experience!

😥. I don't have this palette, but just looked it up, and the colors are stunning.  I know what you mean, though -   For some reason, I have the same problem with the Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette.  The colors are beautiful and  has great reviews, but it takes a lot of work for me to blend the shades so they don't look muddy.

@Alicehoopz

Bareminerals LIquid lipstick smells like Ovaltine.

It needed to be said. 😐

I like the scent of it, just like chocolate! 😄 I forgot how Ovaltine smells. The scent does not linger much after application for me.

*Runs to sniff Bareminerals liquid lipstick

I wish I were joking about what I was about to write.. but this just happened..

I left my desk and 'locked' my computer to password protect..

I come back and type in my password, that starts with an S.

DENIED.

I retype it..

DENIED.

I check, caps are off.. retype it..

DENIED.

I then realized I was typing SEPHORA, which is NOT my password.

Hahahahaha, that's hilarious. I wish I could say I haven't accidentally typed sephora.com in when trying to go to say, my email address...  😉

LOL I always do similar things.  I'll type sephora or tom ford and other similar things into areas which are clearly not meant for those words hahahaha.

Sorta but not really a beauty thought : we currently have a severe thunderstorm warning and it's pitch black outside.  You'd probably guess that I'm somewhere south or tropical... NOPE. I'm in Michigan and it was hovering above freezing this morning, went up to 70 this afternoon, and is now dropping again.

My skin is so confused and angry, my hair has also been having a spaz.  Can you just stay as winter until your wintertime is up?!?!?!

I'm kinda scared too cuz the sky is very very angry.

Ahh lovely Michigan. The only state where you can experience all four seasons in the span of a few hours LOL! Can't say I miss the snow, but I really do miss the thunderstorms. 

Besides Ohio 😉

This is true @Zpsid91 😄

It was 75 yesterday and is now sleeting 😒

I tend to hoard my samples.. there is something so pleasing about having plenty.. it's a problem.

Anyway.. I am really trying to break myself of that and finally broken down and opened one -  the Giorgio Armani liquid lipstick sample I got in RED RED RED RED RED.

I don't wear red lipstick.. I wear nudes and, when feeling bold.. I wear pinks 😛

BUT THIS WAS GORGEOUS! I wore it to work yesturday and loooooooved it. 

Yes - I did get an unusually high amount of 'eye contact' from rando pedestrian people noticing that I was wearing it. I did get two coworkers make comments "wow, you are done up today" but.. I still loved it!

It even made my teeth look whiter - and I'm a coffee addict with the stains to prove it.

I will be wearing it again.

2 Replies
testing