Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Loooooooooove reds! 

For the past two weeks I've been sporting red to work.

Here's where I admit that I never bought a full size highlighter until a few weeks ago (RMS Living Luminizer) because I have sooo many deluxe samples. Seriously, I have at least four just from Becca.

And now that so many new highlighters are coming out all at once, I kind of want more of them but don't even know where to start because the choices are overwhelming!

Just get them all, girl! 😉😉😉@txcatx

I've been on such a highlight kick lately....

IMG_0322.JPG

my feels exactly....

i'm thinking if i wear them all at once i'll ascend to become my true form, a disco ball

@flyte- you and me both... 😉

disco

@Milou07 our people are calling us! 

@txcatx ...a million times yes. but i am dying to try the RMS. tell me everything about it!!

@curlieq I love it, and I keep getting compliments on my glowing skin! I had to get used to the balm texture since I was used to liquids and powders, but the Living Luminizer is gorgeous, and a little goes a long way.

i'm suuuuuuper into the OLE HENRIKSEN rebranding. it's so thorough and everything looks properly lovely. (i frankly really detested the OH branding before). my inner design geek is pleased.

Oh no. I don't mind packaging redesigns (I agree that the new look is nice), but they pretty much discontinued over half of their products. Ugh, whyyyy? At least my three favorites made the cut (walnut scrub, berry enzyme mask, and African red tea cleanser). I had always wanted to try their aloe vera deep cleanser, though. 😞

Maybe they're bringing stuff back out in phases or waves? For example, before the repackaging, the Invigorating Night Treatment was gone from Sephora, but now it's back and in a new container.

*fingers crossed* 

Maybe even reach out to Ole's CS team direct to see if they can offer up any info!

@lylysa I thought about that, too. However, it seems like they're only focusing on 4 skincare collections now (truth, balance, transform, and nurture). It looks like some items were repackaged while others were discontinued and/or replaced with new items. The new Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser likely replaced the aloe vera one. I've also noticed they got rid of most of their eye creams (the fresh start eye cream was another thing that had been on my wishlist) and only kept the ultimate lift ones.  

Oh well. 

Anonymous Insider

I hope they bring back the fresh start eye cream I really liked that one. I also liked the red lip scrub which seems to have disappeared as well.

Then here's to hoping stuff gets put on sale on their site so you can stock up! 😛

Yes! It's so pretty! I was in awww when looking at it yesterday 😄

Had lots of time to spare today, during my lunch(i.e. mental) break so obviously I went to Sephora and check out the merch 00000.JPG

I swatched a Clinique lippie and noticed two suspicious broads standing nearby with iPads.  As I walked away one of them stopped me & said that if I answered a 10-question survey about Clinique they would give me a $20 Sephora gift card.  So, like Jerry McGuire, I said "Show me the money!"  Then the manager stopped by and said it was legit. 

So, after "fake" contemplating their proposition... 

Image result for contemplating gif

...I was like "hit me!" 

Anyhow, it took about 8 minutes & the GC comes in the carrier with the pocket mirror.  Apparently they were hired by Clinique to survey "Clinique clients" and said they were going to be there all week.  I'm heavily considering going back in disguise tomorrow. 0.JPG

Spoiler
000.JPG

Let this be a lesson, kids!  Always talk to strangers.   

And suddenly you'll find me at the clinique section even though I never go there lol

Wow!  That is very cool!  ❤️❤️❤️  @ZombieMetroAnt

That's awesome! I'm dropping by the store tomorrow for an event. Will have to linger by the Clinique counter.

PLEASE tell me this was in the downtown seattle store!

@kateye7 😟 Sorry, Los Angeles

testing