Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

OMG this picture bothered me so much when I saw it in the sample section. I didn't choose it because of that reason. (OCD) lol

I actually ordered that sample and my sephora package just arrived at my desk so OF COURSE I was going to do that for you...but sephora decided to sub out my samples with more perfume. I swear, I could drown myself in all these mini perfume samples 😕

ARGH!!!  1111.JPGThanks for the effort @MissPuff!  

Spoiler
I may just have to crop this pic and fix it myself otherwise I'm going to break out in hives.  LOL!

@ZombieMetroAnt I should also be getting this today (probably won't, but should lol) so I will make sure it is fixed for you 😉

I chose that sample on one of my orders this week so if I actually get it I will do that for you lol! But then I'll end up just ripping them off to stick in my foil foundation tray. I like keeping extra shades for when I get bored and go a little HAM on the self tanner lol. 

OMG! LOL!  My OCD is killing me right now!  😂😂😂

@ZombieMetroAnt

Is it to early to plan out my Spring Sale purchases? My list is growing so much with all the challenge threads! I really really hope there is a spring sale. 🤞🏻

No, not at all!! I've been thinking about it too since I've been on a low-buy. Trying to be mindful and plan.

Nope!  Never too early!  I like to keep some extra room for newer releases but it's a great time to take inventory and see what you need to stock up on:$ 

@Haleyhale not at all! I'm already planning mine as well;)

I found out today Latisse now has a generic available in the US market. I've been paying $100+ per bottle every 2-3 months, the generic is $55 thru GoodRX. happyhappyhappy!

i just started latisse @shimmerbait! this is good to know in the event i love it! ❤️

That is very interesting news...I may consider using it again, it really works!

@makeupobesessed  Oh it's great! I use it on my eyebrows too but I'd say the success has been very limited compared to my eyelash results. My last bottle price jumped to $140! ouch!

Does anyone know this this is zpalette made or just MUGs version? 

IMG_2382.PNG

@StephaniLynn I saw Marlena commenting online amidst the zpalette scandal. The Makeup Geek palette is purely their own.

Inglot also has something called a flexi palette, if you need something bigger, and like a clear-ish lid.

inglot

@ShannonAlexis Thank you🙌🏻🙌🏻

I made some photos from my partial depotting experiment, for anyone who likes to look at makeup organization (attempts)

First is a pic showing the products I condensed into the magnetic palette:

Spoiler
originals semi depotted.jpg

Second is some of the same products, flipped over so their names are visible: 

Spoiler
labelsonback.jpg

Third is the mini-pans of the products. To identify them, their layout corresponds to the first pic. (And Candlelight Glow gets two mini-pans.)

Spoiler
semi depotted sample.jpg

On a couple of products, in the first photo, you can see the effect of the cookie-cutter approach I used. (Where I took a small empty pan and pressed it into the product, then gently removed it with a cuticle stick.) You can see the little craters there, which makes it look like I hit pan...hard.

In the center of the first photo, you can see the Too Faced Candlelight Glow, left and right sides. It got two mini-craters, one for each color. Next to those, the crater in the tiny compact of Too Faced Love Hangover. And bottom left, there is the Laura Geller blush with its mini-crater.

List of products (left to right, top to bottom):

Spoiler
Benefit Sugarbomb, Hervana, Dandelion
Too Faced Sugar Pop
Too Faced Cat Eyes

Tarte Park Avenue Princess
Tarte Entertain blush
Too Faced Candlelight Glow
Too Faced Love Hangover

Laura Geller Rosewater
Becca Opal
Too Faced Glamour to Go*

*(only removed eyeshadows, didn't make mini-pans of the highlighter, gloss and bronzer, for now)

Spoilered this bit of me rambling about the project:

Spoiler

I couldn't do this to anything really treasured, and I wouldn't do it to anything that gets regular use. This is more for palettes that I rarely reach for, deluxe samples, etc.

Maybe in future I will remove smaller amounts. I believe I will end up doing this with all of my bright eyeshadow colors, most of my blushes and highlighters, and a few more palettes like older Tarte ones.

I had tried removing entire pans before this, but was distressed by it seeming to be impossible to avoid causing bent-up pans, even if it was very slight bending.

I love this!  Any makeup collections, organization, de-potting efforts, etc... make me so happy!

I have only depotted deluxe samples and very bulky, large palettes as I'm a sucker for packaging and collecting.

How did you depot the Benefit boxed blushes into circular pans?  Did you actually take the product out of the square and put it into a round pan?

Well done!  @gingerleigh

Heya, thank you! What I did with all of them was take the empty mini pan and press it down into the product, as if the mini pan were a cookie cutter, and the product was the dough.Then I gently pried the mini-pan back up with a cuticle pusher.

This was a lot neater than my attempt at removing pans from palettes.

(I depotted Sugar Pop completely and when I arranged the pans in the magnetic palette, they didn't line up symmetrically thanks to some of them getting bent when I pulled them out. It looked just awful.)

@Tamara76

Thanks!  @gingerleigh

Apologies - you did explain above, I just did't get it until I read it again.  Sorry!

Anyway, I think your effort is even more amazing now that I understand how much work you did!  They look great! 😊

1 Reply
testing