Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

in 25-40 years, flowerbomb will be what the kids decry as a 'grandma' scent.

(i don't mind 'grandma scent' as a phrase to describe a certain type of perfume--because it's frankly a very concise way to describe something as we all know exactly what it means. i just don't think it should be instantly derogatory !)

It's funny that even grandma scents come back around. I'm in my 40's, and rose based anything was very much a grandma scent as I was growing up. Now, its back in, and I like it. 

That's because in 25-40 years we'll all still be wearing it and we'll all be grandmas! 

I agree with you about the phrasing. Certain things are popular with each generation, and our grandparents' generation had a distinct smell (when speaking about fragrance, for example), just like we do. But I think what you mean when you say "grandma scent" can be derogatory is actually "old people," haha, as awful as that sounds. I remember when my great grandma was in a nursing home toward the end of her life, and there was a definite smell. Very medical, not one you'd want in a perfume. 

Good point! That totally makes me think of this from the movie Clueless. 

upload_1464459552400843388.gif

Just when I was down about turning 29 (again, haha) +10, my coworkers come in my classroom with a cake and start singing.  Theyve seen me thru some tough times these last few months...cheered me up and helped get through a Friday before a Holiday weekend.

@makeupobesessed - this is so very belated, but happy happy birthday!  How sweet of your coworkers!!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  💕💐🎂🎉

No worries s Milou07.  I'm just glad u took the time to say happy bday to me...I appreciate it

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes...I don't get notifications even if I'm tagged, so I happened to peruse BT from my phone, and saw this thread, kinda forgetting I posted yesterday...

i really appreciate everyone who one who took the time to comment or heart.  It's been a nice day with my kids, ended at Skateland, lol, on teen/tween night.  Interesting!

@makeupobesessed Haaaaaaaappppppy Birthdayyyyyy!!!!!!!!

birfday.gif

Sounds like a perfect birthday!  Hope the rest of your weekend is awesome, too!

Happy Birthday!  ❤️❤️❤️

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Happy birthday, @makeupobesessed !

upload_8687483640751450308.jpg

Happy Birthday!!

e212a15135d4f49c8af8a54d7aa1f710.jpg

Happy Birthday! Hope your weekend is good. 🙂

Happy birthday @makeupobesessed!! 😄 I hope it's a great one!!

@makeupobesessed  Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you have a great weekend and all the best going forward!

90c85394c87e153ddc9ee0c53109ff35.jpg

That is so incredibly sweet. Happy Birthday @makeupobesessed Hope the year ahead is full of good things for you!

Happy Birthday, @makeupobesessed!  I've turned 29 a couple of times now! Hope you had fun at your party.

Thank you PiP!!!  29 is a good round number.

side note:  I also refuse to change my weight on my driver's license.  Whether its accurate at the time or not, I stick to it, at least until it becomes no longer believeable.

Did someone say birthday!? 

This calls for a celebration!  MORE COWBELL!!! 

Cow bell.gif

I love being 29 @makeupobesessed - I've been that age for 11 years now 00000.JPGHope you had an amazing day!!

I've got a fever....

testing