Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Sitting here in the waiting room before my discograph stress shopping. 

So far Sephora, Ulta, Barnes & Noble, and Makeup Geek have gotten money from me😂

I worked today. All day yesterday I told myself I'd take a late break today to try and get the Too Faced Reward. I went to break at 9:30. Next break 11:30, saw the time and yelled out NOOOO. I had completely forgot about it. Thankfully it didn't release today. I was so sad. 

Just when I think IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream is my HG foundation, Lancome Teint Idole comes in and says "Okay, hold up. Remember me? Why do you keep neglecting me?"

I have both of these in my winter shade and love them so much. But soon I'll need my summer shade and I don't know which one to pick up! And I can't just warm up my complexion with bronzer because I'm so fair on the winter, it would take a lot of bronzer to bring up my winter foundation shade, which is no good. 

What about those color drops? That way you could keep using both brands. @alexasteph

@TKLJ Yeah... I've looked at using the color drops before, but I don't really feel like trying to find the right cocktail haha. Not really one for experimentation. 

I'm away from home for a little while so the plan was to bring just a small makeup/skin care stash and be a little bit of a minimalist. Nope, that is not working out, I've been to the drugstore 3x in two weeks, one trip to sephora, to buy new stuff because it turns out i am quite the maximalist. 

I'm with you, I've never managed to travel with a really small bag, I always end up frantically searching for shadow or primer in odd places.

Some of you may know that I have a thread dedicated to bartering my unwanted GWP's for other items via craigslist..

Spoiler

so I usually email 20 people a day, cause it's a numbers game. I send a very nice polite email "I like ur thing - want my thing?".. (wait, that sounds creepy).. anyway

I get a reply

"Maybe if you stop spending so much money on makeup you can afford to buy nice things"

I just about died laughing.

"Nice things... like... makeup?"

Lol, oh people.

Hahaha!  As if it's any of their business!

Wow! What a judgmental reply. 😄

Guess that person doesn't want to barter!

Hmmmm.... Was that my husband?   😂 

@Insomniacmuffin

haha @Tamara76 I was wondering how the person knew I was in the no-buy thread.. musta been you creeping and tattling on me 😛 😉

(hehe kidding!)

LOL!  Nope, not me!

That's just the exact thing hubby tells me all the time.... 😉  "If you stopped buying so much makeup, you could use the $ to buy a really nice new car....". (He's not wrong....)

@Tamara76 just tell him that you are saving money on gas for that car because if you had a nice shmancy car - you'd be driving over to the Sephora to buy make-up 😛

@Insomniacmuffin True!   He and I just  value different things  - I'm happy driving a 5 year old car full of new lipstick and he prefers to spend $ on upgrades to his truck and sound system.  🙂

Just the thought of a whole car full of lipstick, yow, that's like a whole car full of chocolate! @Tamara76

Ohhhh I'd like that, too!  ;). @prettyinpa

There is a black smudge on my sheets at the foot of my bed. At first I thought I'd stepped in candle wick trimmings, but a closer look shows there's glitter mixed into the smudge, so now I suspect I stepped in some eyeliner pencil shavings and tracked them onto my sheets. Naturally, the sheets are brand new. 

@TKLJ Have you tried patting a cotton ball with makeup remover (the liquid kind) on the stain before putting them to wash?

The wick thing happened to me. I thought the stain would go away after the sheets were laundered but it didn't 😞 I'm planning on trying carpet cleaner next 😕

If anyone has tips for cleaning wick stain I appreciate 🙂

@DaintyDiva I haven't, because I have stained my sheets with the oily residue from makeup remover. So I'll try a stain stick before I throw them in the wash, and if that doesn't work, I don't think people will notice. If people are noticing a smudge at the bottom of my sheets while they're in my bed, clearly something's gone wrong.

1 Reply
testing