Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

OMG - LOL!  @TKLJ 😂😂😂

True about noticing!  I like ur style.  😉

@TKLJ I never even thought of the oily residue, sorry 😞  At least the stain is only on at the bottom 🙂 

I was not so lucky with my wick stain, I sat in the bed with crossed legs and dragged the wick across the sheet with my foot.

Maybe those oil cleansers that wash out like a milk, would wash out like that on fabrics too. I'll make a little experiment on an old rag to see what happens 😄

I just wanted to share my thoughts that just when BT was feeling positive and fun again..certain few have to go ahead and ruin it for others who actually come for the actual purpose of this forum. I already have enough to worry about in real life that I have to see gals going at it each other and then some further encourage more drama. I am grateful to the moderators for all they do and really hope there will be a way in the future to block users/content. 

I love coming here and checking into updates most days but sadly there isn't a way to unsee the main page for snarky, sarcastic and attacking comments.

I also noticed hostile behaviour presented by some users towards others..yes hearting can be a task but if someone took the time to reply to others then it is only polite to atleast acknowledge it if someone cannot reply, atleast they know it was read?  

I seldom post opinions like these..I guess I am just feeling a bit let down. 

Edit: Not posting this to stir up anything new or dictate anything to anyone, sorry if anyone feels like it is.. it isn't my purpose. Also, most ladies here are absolutely lovely and really do brighten up my day more, so thank you ❤

Thank you ladies ❤

Note to self- must not forget to heart posts.

Thanks for the reminder!

@Anewxa  Try not to get too discouraged!  There is still a lot of good in this forum and so many awesome, helpful, friendly community members! ❤️

Yes, sometimes there is drama, and sometimes people aren't as friendly as they could be - there are a couple (very, very few) people who have never hearted or responded to any comments/compliments I have left for them.  So, I just ignore them and focus on the many, many more people here who are genuine and nice!  😊

@Anewxa I've noticed the same thing the last couple of days. I haven't been as active because of it. Still posting on a few threads, but not the level I usually do. 

^^  @alexasteph Same here!

With recent issues and all I've been feeling the same way. Sometimes BT seems like such a downer and I wish there was some way to avoid that. Everyone already has things in their lives to deal with but I agree- BT should be a fun place overall! When I first got onto BT there wasn't this much negativity or so I didn't notice any. Thanks for speaking your mind! Thanks for appreciating us and we appreciate you and hope to see more posts from you and everyone the same ❤️

Totally understand what you mean by acknowledging. Maybe they did heart it and it unhearted itself? It's been doing that to me lately. There is a huge delay and I have to triple check lol. It can happen that something is missed because of the lag time... just a thought.

@veronika23Oh yes I understand that completely and it happens to me as well so I hope no one takes it the wrong way if I failed to do so myself at some point 😊

@Anewxa  we all know it's glitchy 😉  I just want it to go back to the greyed out heart with the check mark lol... yes I am a broken record. 😄

Yessss! 1000X yes! @veronika23

Same!!!

@Anewxa I think we all appreciate your post & can relate Heart  I'm sure no one will take it the wrong way. 

me: "smell this. <holds out new product> i can't quite pinpoint it ... lychee & fresh laundry?"

bf: "no, it smells like the rug doctor cleaner"

<pulls out cleaner>

ok fine you win 😄

Sounds like when I tried a sample of Atelier Cologne's Vanille Insensée. It happens to be the same smell as our organic mosquito spray 😄 lol

EcoSmart.png

@DaintyDiva Now I kind of want that mosquito spray.... 😉

@Tamara76 It's actually a curious smell for an inseticide. The first time I used it I was like "where is this vanilla smell coming from????". Took me a whole 3 minutes to realize it was the spray. LOL Not my brightest moment, I admit 😄

Regular mosquito sprays make me sick, and I've tried all of those with "safe" claims. This one is all natural and works for most little mosquitos, but I'm not convinced it kills flies at all.

@DaintyDiva Thanks for the info!  I may check this out!  We don't get a lot of flies here, but I live in a hot and humid region, so mosquitos are always a problem.

1 Reply
testing