Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Your TF quad collection is to die for 😭 

Thank you @myumew :x

@Libellules Each slot is 1" x 3 7/8". I love that you've labeled your quads!!! How deep are your drawers? 

I'm not sure if Home Depot still carries these craft organizers by Martha Stewart, but I bought several for my other makeup items a few years ago. It fits thicker items that I keep in drawers, but the setup with these UD palettes is just under 4 inches tall.

Spoiler
image.jpeg

I haven't decided if I want to keep my palettes in this and cut the front part off, but here's an upside down spice cabinet organizer. The slots on the different levels keep my palettes in place. Depending on how deep your drawer is and how you orient the palettes, this may not work. This one is the strangest storage setup I have so far.

Spoiler
image.jpeg

As @Tamara76 said, I could look at makeup organization all day! Would love to see how your space turns out! I've got to get mine decent and will dig up a vanity thread I've seen before.

@dmay My drawers are about 4-4.25 inches deep. Those  craft organizers look nice! I perused home depot's, site but couldn't find anything. Do you have more pictures per chance? I tried searching on amazon too but didn't have much luck.

I'd seen something meant to hold stamp pads, and it slanted them in a way that I think I'd be able to see things nicely and keep them in drawers....but I'm afraid the slots aren't wide enough 😕

I could look at makeup organization all day!  Great find!  @dmay

My grandma's beautiful smile. 16252492_768003710016167_7713230052512562567_o.jpg

she won't part with my blanket, she loves it because it's super soft.

she is beautiful ❤️

Thank you guys, today was one of her good days, and someone that used to work for our family that helped out my uncle came to visit and she remembered her. She smiled and that's the hand you see in the picture. My mom and I are doing the best we can with our messed up backs, we have to carry her everywhere. I'm afraid they say she won't be with us long. Her birthday is this March.. the first, she'll be 99. I just can't imagine that she won't be here anymore, I cried when I saw her bag yesterday, she used to take this bag filled with loteria tablets and little stones and her little coin purse. I've lived with her all my life and I want to say that it's because of her that I've learned some patience, otherwise I'd be off worse, she kind of calmed down my horribleness i had in the past. 

Your pic of your grandma is so sweet and your post made me tear up (and I'm not an emotional person!) because my gram basically raised me as well and taught me everything.  She'll be 91 in May.

@Melstl ❤️ all the best to your grandma,they must never be taken for granted and always loved. 

Beautiful, @Blackwhiskey. She's a special lady.

You can see the good in her soul just by looking at her face.

And oh yeah, look at that hair!!

What a lovely woman - Her hair is gorgeous and that smile!  Thank you for sharing!  @Blackwhiskey ❤️

She is a beautiful lady! Made me tear up. 

She's absolutely stunning! So much light emits from her soul!

@Blackwhiskey,

You are right! Your Grandma has a very beautiful smile!  What a lovely woman!  🙂

My heart just exploded with love and glitter! Your grandmother is soooooo beautiful and adorable! May she be blessed with all the health and happiness for a long time to come 😄

Also, because she's so cute, I won't wrestle her for that blanket. Besides, she looks pretty scrappy.

Has anyone tried the new Sephora Collection Rouge Lip Tints? I just swatched them in store yesterday alongside some of the new Cream Lip Stains and daaaaaamn are they long lasting. It's definitely a true tint. I used a cleansing oil (Boscia I think) to take the swatches off my hand, and while the Cream Lip Stains melted away easily, the Lip Tints left a stain on my hand that couldn't be rubbed away with makeup remover, cleansing oil or cleansing wipes. I'm intrigued by something so long-lasting, but is there such a thing as too long-lasting? I kind of want my makeup to be removable by makeup remover, y'know?

Anyways, I think this might be good for days when I know I won't be able to reapply, even after eating a greasy meal. Not a huge range of colours, but I'll probably pick one up to see how it wears on my lips.

I purchased one and I didn't like how it settled into my lines. Next time I try it I'll be sure to exfoliate my lips well first, as it tends to collect in spots.

Ahh that was my concern, that it would look patchy or uneven when applied or when it wears down to the stain. Which colour did you get @greenporchlights? I was thinking of picking up Cassis.

I tried 2 on at Sephora and my lips were still purple for a while after scrubbing them. I have lip 2 stains from the beauty supply store by K.I.S.S. that are virtually the same product (but $5). I don't wear them for the same reason...too long lasting. They'll even stain your face if you mess up on application! 

@AshleyYVR That sounds very intriguing. I will check them out when I next go to a store. Sephora collection is one of those underrated brands that has lots of hidden gems. Their lip stains, makeup remover, concealer and highlighters are among my most favourite products.

1 Reply
testing