Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I got asked to help out with makeup for some people that are doing a speech/interview thing and I'm really excited. Doing a patch test tomorrow, and I really want to get them a nice lip color for Saturday, but who knows if they'll wear it again lol

How fun!  I'm sure they'll appreciate any tips you can give 'em.  Almost as important is to

dress.JPG

00000.JPG

Spoiler
Ugh, we were hiring for an admin position working with customers & actually had candidates show up in jeans and a tshirt.01.JPG

I mentioned this in the perfume challenge thread, but I'm never going to complain about too many perfume vials in the sample section ever again. I actually requested three perfume samples in my last order, but I got all skincare and foundation. 😢

My package was finally delivered, and I was really excited about the perfume samples I selected. I got 2 colognes and a concealer. Why does Sephora even let you pick? They should just say "We'll through a few foils in there too."

Hahaha - I have the exact opposite problem.  I always order skin care and foundation samples, and get perfume instead!  😉

I requested three as well, my last order should be delivered soon. So we'll see what I get. My order came out of Salt Lake City and if I'm remembering correctly... That's the bad warehouse. 

Had to get this!!

beet.JPG

It's "beauty" inspired since I saw @Tamara76 post a pic of Miss Argentina in the KVD thread Heart

Spoiler
beetle.JPG

@ZombieMetroAnt, I want that notebook!  I loved Beetlejuice and Michael Keaton!  😉

I loved that movie so much!!!

That is awesome!   Is it a notebook?   @ZombieMetroAnt

00000.JPG It's an iPad cover but they have notebooks on etsy too.  

Thanks for sharing - I'll have to check these out!  🙂

Trying to send a PM to someone and was told "you used a bad word please try again." It was M A C but I can't help to giggle cause it's like being gently scolded by an adult 😄

Yeah that must be part of the "glitch" thing happening. One of the mods posted about it - any time you use a competitor's name in a PM (Ulta, Nordstrom, etc) it triggers the profanity filter.

It looks like they're trying to set up something else with that (my guess is an analytic that lets them see how much people on BT recommend competitor sites/retailers vs Sephora) and threw it in with the filter by accident.

Tati's Liquid Catsuit lipstick video. Seems like a yes, but I'm just not sure. Seems like the stuff I like is never what's talked about on youtube.

I have 3 of them...1 is amazing, 1 is really nice, and 1 is atrocious. Of course I wore the atrocious one to an appointment! When YTers rave about anything it makes me insanely skeptical, but I saw the display in Walgreens before that bandwagon left the station. 

I tend to take her reviews with a grain of salt, but for the most part, I find that I agree with her about lip products, and that one is so cheap, I'd be willing to try it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it, if that makes sense.

The Temptalia Reader's Choice winners were announced today and I have to say I agree with the majority of them! I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Sephora Collection was voted the Most Underrated Beauty Brand because it is. There are so many gems within the collection. What did you guys think of the outcome? 

The only category I really disagreed with was Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder as the Best Setting Powder. Although it's a great product that I LOVE, t's not a setting powder at all, it's a finishing powder. The runners-up - Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder and RCMA No Color Powder - were much better options.

In general, I like seeing the results - helps me see what gems I might have missed out on, or that I should give a try! 

A few of my favorites won, a few didn't. I'm not overly surprised by the results, but was still fun to read through them! 

I didn't even know Temptalia did an award series...will have to check that out.  Although, I will agree that one some of my favorite lipsticks are from Sephora Collection! 0.JPG

1 Reply
testing